By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New LA Noire details emerge, could be on 360?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=185148

New information regarding Rockstar's L.A Noire has emerged, hinting that the PS3-exclusive title could come to the Xbox 360 after all.

According to rumours (http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/03/i-am-big-its-pictures-that-got-small.html), since the title is no longer being funded by Sony there is every possibility of the detective game coming to Microsoft's console.

Previous reports hinted that the game was simply too big to fit on a DVD, but they were quickly debunked.

The rumours went to claim a number of other details on the title, including developer Team Bondi's goal to have every NPC in the city feature a distinctive personality, the quantity of jazz music is comparable to the amount of contemporary tracks in the Grand Theft Auto series, and the detective mechanics have been polarising, with some finding them boring and others innovative.

Truth or not? We'll have to wait and see.

LA Noire is still set for a 2009 release.

Around the Network

I hate rumours, Just wait and see.

A lot of games are way too big for DVDs, it didn't stop LO at all. 4 crappily packaged DVDs FTW

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

it going to be come rare for a game to go exclusive unless it one of nins

la noire was never exclusive in the first place. people just thought it was for some wacky reason.

rockstar are working on another exclusive for ps3 that hasn't been named yet.

kingofwale said:
I hate rumours, Just wait and see.

A lot of games are way too big for DVDs, it didn't stop LO at all. 4 crappily packaged DVDs FTW

Well the JP version had the slightly oversized case and all the dvds fit perfectly fine in it :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
la noire was never exclusive in the first place. people just thought it was for some wacky reason.

rockstar are working on another exclusive for ps3 that hasn't been named yet.

Wacky reason = Sony no longer financing it....   ??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

the U.S blog begs to differ.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/07/27/new-rockstar-games-franchise-exclusive-to-the-ps3/

Where do these rumors come from .... TheSurferGirl ... GREAT !

Now, let's try to focus on the most interesting part : ""there is nothing stopping a 360 release."". HUMMMMMM, is it or this suggests the game is, for the moment, developped exclusively for the PS3 ???

PS3 timed (at least) exclusive confirmed IMPLICITELY by TheSurferGirl

ENJOY !!

Time to Work !

Were the rumor true on all points then this raises an interesting possibility. There may be an opportunity here for Microsoft or even Nintendo. The title is not due to be released until next year. That means there is still time to buy exclusivity. We know Microsoft loves to buy exclusives out from under Sony. We also know that Nintendo desperately needs more high end mature games.

I am just thinking out loud, but if the rumors are true. Well this title might be one for contention. The developer may need external funding to get the game to market. So could they possibly court Microsoft or even Nintendo. How might that effect the game. Hell if they lost Sony funding it might actually be cheaper then what Sony had to cough up originally. The other two manufacturers could effectively jack Sony over this title.

I love these scenarios they can be a lot of fun.

This is bizarre...

Sony suddenly stops funding an exclusive IP at least a year into production?

This just doesn't ring true. What would be the point? Both Sony and Rockstar would have signed contracts before development started. So why would Sony suddenly break these contracts and pull out? They've probably already invested quite a large amount of money in the project.

Either Sony see the title as a pointless money drain, or this is, indeed, just a wild rumour.

Brendan Macnamara (Team Bondi's president): "The project is wholly funded by Sony Computer Entertainment America. We have a long-term exclusive arrangement with SCEA."