By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Black Friday Violence Extravaganza!

Interesting to see human instincts flowing without censorship. Shows who we really are without a society/rules.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Wallmart, we have discounts worth DYING for.

But seriously, how is it that people get so violent over this?

Cause America is full of poor people who wait for this shit every year lol ,even though they already get great deals compared to rest of the world and when you discount shit by 50%+ they pretty much getting it for free and go mental.

Then you got th trolls that jsu tgo there to start shit, and you got the people who go there just to film this shit to get a few youtube hits. The environment is perfectly setup to cause shit.

binary solo said:
First video is definitely fake. There are tons of the boxes of whatever still there lying on the floor, so totally no need to steal from the kid.

You forget how dumb some people are though. They have no fucking logic what so ever lol.

I don't think it's just the US, I have talked to lots of Canadians who say similar things about Boxing Day. On a smaller scale, of course, since there are more stores in the US and more people on Black Friday. But you can find many BD fights and crowds on Youtube. And of course, nothing really needs to be said about how fucked up things can get in the rest of the world.

I've only sat in one BF line, to get into a Target one year. It was actually the night the Butt Fumble happened in the NFL, I was watching live on my phone. Glorious. Nowadays there's no point in waiting around on BF. Thanks to online shopping, it's a waste of time.

SvennoJ said:

Still not as juicy as what thanksgiving is all about. Black friday comes closer to the real thing anyway.

In 1637 near present day  Groton, Connecticut, over 700 men, women and children of the Pequot Tribe had gathered for their annual Green Corn Festival which is our Thanksgiving celebration. In the predawn hours the sleeping Indians were surrounded by English and Dutch mercenaries who ordered them to come outside.  Those who came out were shot or clubbed to death while the terrified women and children who huddled inside the longhouse were burned alive. The next day the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony declared "A Day Of Thanksgiving" because 700 unarmed men, women and children had been murdered.

Cheered by their "victory", the brave colonists and their Indian allies attacked village after village. Women and children over 14 were sold into slavery while the rest were murdered.  Boats loaded with a many as 500 slaves regularly left the ports of New England. Bounties were paid for Indian scalps to encourage as many deaths as possible.   

Following an especially successful raid against the Pequot in what is now  Stamford, Connecticut, the churches announced a second day of "thanksgiving" to celebrate victory over the heathen savages.  During the feasting, the hacked off heads of Natives were kicked through the streets like soccer balls.  Even the friendly Wampanoag did not escape the madness. Their chief was beheaded, and his head impaled on a pole in Plymouth, Massachusetts -- where it remained on display for 24 years.   

The killings became more and more frenzied, with days of thanksgiving feasts being held after each successful massacre. George Washington finally suggested that only one day of Thanksgiving per year be set aside instead of celebrating each and every massacre. Later Abraham Lincoln decreed Thanksgiving Day to be a legal national holiday during the Civil War -- on the same day he ordered troops to march against the starving Sioux in Minnesota.

Good Lord.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Still not as juicy as what thanksgiving is all about. Black friday comes closer to the real thing anyway.

In 1637 near present day  Groton, Connecticut, over 700 men, women and children of the Pequot Tribe had gathered for their annual Green Corn Festival which is our Thanksgiving celebration. In the predawn hours the sleeping Indians were surrounded by English and Dutch mercenaries who ordered them to come outside.  Those who came out were shot or clubbed to death while the terrified women and children who huddled inside the longhouse were burned alive. The next day the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony declared "A Day Of Thanksgiving" because 700 unarmed men, women and children had been murdered.

Cheered by their "victory", the brave colonists and their Indian allies attacked village after village. Women and children over 14 were sold into slavery while the rest were murdered.  Boats loaded with a many as 500 slaves regularly left the ports of New England. Bounties were paid for Indian scalps to encourage as many deaths as possible.   

Following an especially successful raid against the Pequot in what is now  Stamford, Connecticut, the churches announced a second day of "thanksgiving" to celebrate victory over the heathen savages.  During the feasting, the hacked off heads of Natives were kicked through the streets like soccer balls.  Even the friendly Wampanoag did not escape the madness. Their chief was beheaded, and his head impaled on a pole in Plymouth, Massachusetts -- where it remained on display for 24 years.   

The killings became more and more frenzied, with days of thanksgiving feasts being held after each successful massacre. George Washington finally suggested that only one day of Thanksgiving per year be set aside instead of celebrating each and every massacre. Later Abraham Lincoln decreed Thanksgiving Day to be a legal national holiday during the Civil War -- on the same day he ordered troops to march against the starving Sioux in Minnesota.

You know, after reading that you sort of look back at those videos and still feel like we've evolved.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I work in retail. Today was very calm. So was yesterday. Don't think this is a common thing.

ninjapirate42 said:
I walked into Best Buy this morning, waited in the reserved line up to get the things I had on order.
Took about 10 minutes and walked out. No one acted like animals over this way.
BasiltheBatLord said:

I work in retail. Today was very calm. So was yesterday. Don't think this is a common thing.

People there are doing things wrong.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Cobretti2 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Wallmart, we have discounts worth DYING for.

But seriously, how is it that people get so violent over this?

Cause America is full of poor people who wait for this shit every year lol ,even though they already get great deals compared to rest of the world and when you discount shit by 50%+ they pretty much getting it for free and go mental.

Then you got th trolls that jsu tgo there to start shit, and you got the people who go there just to film this shit to get a few youtube hits. The environment is perfectly setup to cause shit.

Most of the black friday garbage aren't even discounted.

They purposely raise the price shortly before black friday, then do a "discount" or 50 percent or whatnot to fool people into thinking they saved money.

For instance, I recall a time where I went with my cousin to a mall. We decided to stroll through Macy's. I found a pair of shoes for 250(wow!), and a week later(the day black friday began) I went back to the same mall to see those shoes on "sale" for 250. They made their "original price" be 300, just to bring the gullible people to actually waste that much money.

Nothing more than a great day for con men to get extra cash.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Me and the wife always hit up black Friday later in the day. We avoid all the bullshit, and never encounter any bad behavior. We still get the deals we were looking for.