By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony confirms: PS2 Emulation coming to PS4

patronmacabre said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Why? ???

If I am not mistaken, Tachi works for Sony Japan, so I figure she has insight into the matter that she is not allowed to disclose due to NDAs.

That said, she also kept her mouth shut about The Last Guardian.

Silence = conformation.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
patronmacabre said:

If I am not mistaken, Tachi works for Sony Japan, so I figure she has insight into the matter that she is not allowed to disclose due to NDAs.

That said, she also kept her mouth shut about The Last Guardian.

Silence = conformation.

It's not hidden information.  She's told us that before and posted a pic of herself wearing a SCEJ hoody (which only collaborates everything else), as well as her development workstation.

I still wonder if she is verendus.

Big news regarding the confirmation. Hoping they allow disc based emulation though, I think that's the big "IF" here

sabvre42 said:
LivingMetal said:

Silence = conformation.

It's not hidden information.  She's told us that before and posted a pic of herself wearing a SCEJ hoody (which only collaborates everything else), as well as her development workstation.

I still wonder if she is verendus.

Chill, man.

Please forgive my ignorance here but, why PS2? Why are they skipping PS3? Or does PS4 already support PS3 emulation?

Around the Network

Can someone please clarify how it could not be "disk based"? How else would it be true BC? They already have PSNow. What other option is there? PS2 games were not purchased online were they?

The PS2 was the last Sony console I owned for longer than a month... Damn good games.

SJReiter said:
Please forgive my ignorance here but, why PS2? Why are they skipping PS3? Or does PS4 already support PS3 emulation?

It's been said 200x.

PS3 uses too complex of an architecture to brute force emulate. The cell processor is almost as powerful as the ps4 cpu, and actually has like double the clock speed. Even PS Now is actually made of server racks with actual ps3 chipsets on it.

sabvre42 said:
SJReiter said:

It's been said 200x.

PS3 uses to complex of an architecture too brute force emulate. The cell processor is almost as powerful as the ps4 cpu, and actually has like double the clock speed. Even PS Now is actually made of server racks with actual ps3 chipsets on it.

Hmmm. So basically the PS3 is too advanced for the PS4 to emulate, yet too technically inferior for the PS4 to be PS3 backwards compatible. How odd

hlfbkd420 said:
Can someone please clarify how it could not be "disk based"? How else would it be true BC? They already have PSNow. What other option is there? PS2 games were not purchased online were they?

The PS2 was the last Sony console I owned for longer than a month... Damn good games.

They could just release a 100 PS2 games in the PS4 store and say here this is your BC, this is the concern me and others have

SJReiter said:
sabvre42 said:

It's been said 200x.

PS3 uses to complex of an architecture too brute force emulate. The cell processor is almost as powerful as the ps4 cpu, and actually has like double the clock speed. Even PS Now is actually made of server racks with actual ps3 chipsets on it.

Hmmm. So basically the PS3 is too advanced for the PS4 to emulate, yet too technically inferior for the PS4 to be PS3 backwards compatible. How odd

What? It is only one reason: The PS4 doesn't have enough power to emulate a PS3 and probably only a few set-ups that exist at all would be capable of doing so.