By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U - What Realistically We Expect/Want

Currently we are very likely whole year away from launch, but because recent Nintendo Direct and all this Zelda talk, I am still very hyped, actually I can't recall if I every be so hyped about any game, definitely my most anticipated game ever.

So I want to talk about Zelda U, what could we expect and what relalictly we want from game based on things that are announced and showed.

E3 2014, Zelda U revel 

The Game Awards December 2014, Zelda U offscreen gameplay

Nintendo Direct November 2015, Zelda U video

First thing that is so many time stated, art style is beautiful! Second, world is huge and beautiful! Personally I always wanted something like this graphics for big and beautiful true open world Zelda, I think that this art style and this huge and beautiful open world perfectly fits.

Every Zelda U video that Nintendo showed is world with beautiful flora and wild life, that is miles better than any previous Zelda game. I can't wait to explore Zelda world like that.

One very intresting fact, Miyamotoo in TGA video said, "I saw apple growing here the last time" and Aounuma replied, "Yes, you can pick them and eat them"!? We didn't see any apples in video, could this maybe means we could have seasons in game!? Having difrent seasons in huge and beautiful world with that art stlye would be phenomenal, not to mention countless possibilities for game with season mechanick.

Something like that could look something like this

Also we still didnt see Zelda U world at night, I cant imagine how Zelda U world will look at night, maybe something similar to this

Aounuma in E3 video said "You can even reach those mountains in distance is you walk far enough", so that basically means player will be able to go or climb on almost every place in world. World is huge, and map has lots a rivers, lakes and ocean, I am pretty sure that we will have canoe/boat that we will ride through all that water and reach places that can be reached only by canoe/boat. Also because we will probably be able to fishing almost anywhere were is water and not only at one place like in previous Zelda games. Also we can see that Link has sleeping bag, that probably mean we can camp.

We still don't know anything about dungeons, but Aonuma said they will not be certain order for finding and completing dungeons.

I want all things I mentioned above, seasons, canoe/boat and camping, but what I also want is world with caves, mini dungeons and posts, small settlements and lone houses...that are filled with secrets and prizes like items that could be fine out of dungeons, great fairy fountains, more and different types of collectibles, weapons and armour, heart pieces...rupees to but in that case I want rupees to have real value in game and that is hard to find of earn lots a rupes..

So what you realistically expect/want from Zelda U!?

Around the Network

I want there to be alot of stuff to do. post gane included. something that doesnt feel like a chore but something amazing. And i want like alot of weapons/gear/items and stuff. Imaginative envoirements like xenoblade chronicles X

You know, there's one aspect that I'm expecting from Zelda U that I don't think I've seen anyone talk about. If you'll recall, when Skyward Sword was released, Aonuma said he regretted not being able to include some sort of a "choose your own story" mechanic. Remember how in Skyward Sword you could respond to questions in different ways, but they all just led to the same outcome? It seems like Aonuma wanted to make it so that depending on your response, the actual story would change somehow, but he wasn't able to implement this mechanic for some reason. I'm expecting this to be a feature in Zelda U. Not sure how receptive the fan base would be as a whole to this, but I think it could be really interesting, and also could make the game have great re-play value. I hope something like this is in Zelda U.

People said that stupid statement from Miyamoto is true, so if it is indeed a delayed game then firstly needs to be a good game, regardless of number of dungeons and all that.

Secondly, Aonuma promised in January 2013 to rethink the conventions of the franchise, so I don't want another carbon copy like ALBW from ALTTP. It needs to be new like TWW was, like SS was.

Last but not least, with the delay he promised the ultimate Zelda experience, so, it needs to be better than Ocarina of Time.

Anything less and he failed confirming his laziness.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

BasilZero said:
To actually be released for the WiiU in 2016.

Pretty much this.  I think fans have waited long enough.

Around the Network

I expect it to be the best Zelda ever. Better than OoT, MM, WW... You get the picture. I don't know if that's a realistic expectation, providing OoT maybe be one of the best games ever (the best in my opinion), but it they want it to be the definitive Zelda experience, they have to improve what we've already got. And, of course, the game has to be innovative and different. Like WW was when it was released. New boss designs, new ways of exploring the map, new dungeon design, different puzzles... Maybe I'm waiting too much, but, hey, I don't know why I'm confident.

Volterra_90 said:
I expect it to be the best Zelda ever. Better than OoT, MM, WW... You get the picture. I don't know if that's a realistic expectation, providing OoT maybe be one of the best games ever (the best in my opinion), but it they want it to be the definitive Zelda experience, they have to improve what we've already got. And, of course, the game has to be innovative and different. Like WW was when it was released. New boss designs, new ways of exploring the map, new dungeon design, different puzzles... Maybe I'm waiting too much, but, hey, I don't know why I'm confident.

You are not expecting much. Aonuma promised that and he has to deliver. No options or excuses are valid.

Pavolink said:
Volterra_90 said:

You are not expecting much. Aonuma promised that and he has to deliver. No options or excuses are valid.

You're right. They set the bar high, now they have to deliver. Everything else will be dissapointing, even if it turns to be a great but samey Zelda experience. And we have reasons to want it. I'm confident because of this, because Aounuma promised to break Zelda conventions and make a huge game. If the game turns to be different, he's to blame, not us for expecting something else. 

Volterra_90 said:
Pavolink said:

You're right. They set the bar high, now they have to deliver. Everything else will be dissapointing, even if it turns to be a great but samey Zelda experience. And we have reasons to want it. I'm confident because of this, because Aounuma promised to break Zelda conventions and make a huge game. If the game turns to be different, he's to blame, not us for expecting something else. 

That's the spirit. We want the best for the franchise, and the best is someone in lead that knows what to do with it.

So what I want is:
1-the biggest Zelda game in general: biggest world (delivered), longest story/gameplay, the highest number of dungeons and so on ;
2-easy ways to travel through the map (delivered just with Epona and Sailcloth but I'd like to see if there is something else);
3-good story (I know, it's foregone but you never know, especially when developers have to work on big games like this);
4-New gameplay mechanics. They teased us so they better deliver, I'm shure they didn't really think of anything mid-cycle that convinced them to move it from 2015 to 2016 but still I hope for them that they previously chose some good new mechanics.
5-It to have difficulty options so that everyone finds his personal level of challenge...