By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans........I have something I'd like to say to you about the Wii U

maxleresistant said:

I would add one important thing, and I'm going to quote Nintendo enthusiast and their 2.5/10 review of Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival.

"Nintendo fans need to speak with their wallet, and I beg of them to make a statement that terrible cash-ins, such as Amiibo Festival, will not be tolerated."

I would add that you should not buy Twilight Princess HD and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, the ball is in your fucking court people.

That's seems like a mostly sound solution, with the exception of Twilight Princess HD. People wanted Animal Crossing U, they got Amiibo Festival. They asked for Mario Strikers U, they get Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. However, many speculated and anticipated Twilight Princess HD and Nintendo listened to this request. I for one have been kinda content with the games that matter to me (SSB4, MK8, Splatoon, etc), just like the majority of Wii U owners it seems.

Around the Network
Persistantthug said:
Cobretti2 said:
LOL online and hdd isn't why the system failed. Look at all the people complaining about how the PS4 has a small HDDs because of all the game installs. IMHO that was the best thing Nintendo did, allow for an external hdd to be used. I WISH Sony would do the same instead of me having to upgrade my internal. Only negative I have with Wii U an external is that they went cheap on USB ports and used USB2.0 which cannot powerup USB3.0 portable HDDs and need a Y cable.

System failed cause it has no fricken variety of games to capture a wider audience of gamer who want to play Nintendo games but they also need those extras to justify the console purchase. This is the big problem. NX can have all the bells and whistles but without games it is useless as tits on a bull.

Also there is nothing that could have been done to fix the Wii U, the design was already finalised and in production. Comparing the Wii U failure to the Microsoft backlash about DRM is moot as that was basically a software change that would have taken 10 minutes to implement.. Wii U was on a path to failure that couldn't be reversed.

A tranny bull?

JRPGfan said:
Your saying fans are enableing nintendo? by not demanding better of them?
I guess... but still nintendo cant get by on just the hardcore fans, to many have left them and its telling.

Im pretty sure nintendo knows the Wii U had some issues, and know what they are and how to fix them.

this

I feel as if plenty of fans have voiced their opinions to Nintendo, Nintendo just didn't hear them for whatever reason this generation. there are always that crazy segment of Nintendo fans (or fans of anything for that matter) who will praise a company regardless of mistakes, but that's the minority

either way Nintendo is a business and there is no doubt that they will address some of these issues and the need for current technology / innovation in terms of online gaming in their next system installment

I disagree. I saw many, many fans warning about Wii U's problems before launch. Everyone was just happy to have a new home console from them (and in HD for the first time), but we were warning them for a long time about some issues...

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
I disagree. I saw many, many fans warning about Wii U's problems before launch. Everyone was just happy to have a new home console from them (and in HD for the first time), but we were warning them for a long time about some issues...

No offense to you intended,

But you either were not here, were not paying attention, or you have some serious revisionist history going on.

Just read the 1st page alone:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147642&page=1#

Around the Network

What if I tell you that I like my WiiU and I don't consider it a failure quality-wise? Yeah, it hasn't sold well, but that doesn't affect my enjoyment. I voice my criticisms when I feel I have something to criticize, and I have many problems with Nintendo, but I like the console.

RXL told you the Wii U was for kids. 

And I hate this sentence. I don't think it's too hard to acknowledge the difference between kiddie and general audiences. You can play WiiU games and that doesn't make you more kiddie than playing Fallout 4, for example. Tbh, I've noticed in many kids I know who don't like Nintendo games and said things like: "I don't like Nintendo games, I've grown up" with... 12 years or something like that. They play adult games because that makes them feel like they're adults. It's just showing-off. I'm almost certain that if we knew about the console demographic data, more than one will eat his words. 

EDIT: And I don't think we didn't voice our criticisms on the internet and social network when they do something bad. For example, look at the backslash Federation Force received when it was release. Look at the backslash Animal Crossing and Mario Tennis are receiving. We've already complained about the lack of third party support. I like the WiiU because I honestly think the first party support for a console that is, obviously, not a strong seller, was and is great. Except now, that they're making some questionable decisions software-wise when they have always provided a minimum of quality 

Fans of corporations and their products can say whatever they want and blow as much smoke up said corporation's ass as is befitting their fanaticism, but everything still boils down to financial performance.

Anyone, fan or other who believes otherwise, at least with regard to how a corporation conducts its business operations (at least one that can actually be bothered with remaining solvent), is too much of a fanatic to formulate a valid opinion.

That said, everything Nintendo has done wrong this generation, starting from the very beginning/root concept of the Wii U, has almost nothing to do with fan input or apologists.

I agree with all LevelHead's comments except for delays. Droughts yes, delays no. We've all seen delays no matter what platform. But droughts are definitely a killer. So delays LEADING to droughts are a problem, but delays in and of themselves are not that much of a problem.

If all those points were points that were previously denied by him at the time Wii U was coming out, then sure, it's fair give him an I told you so. But to suggest these folks have or had any real influence over Nintendo seems to be placing a bit too much importance on these guys.

I especially agree with LHG's number 1 reason, because it's a reason I've been posting about a quite often in the last few years. Problem is, it's not enough for Nintendo to convince PS/XB/PC gamers that Wii isn't just for kids. Because that won;t get them to buy NX, or whatever comes along next. There's got to be a compelling point of difference for people to move across to Nintendo. So changing perception to people seeing Nintendo being for kids AND adults is only half the job.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Persistantthug said:
LipeJJ said:

No offense to you intended,

But you either were not here, were not paying attention, or you have some serious revisionist history going on.

Just read the 1st page alone:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147642&page=1#

That's pretty comprehensive that people would never imagine that the Wii successor, a console that did 100m+ on a few years of support, would bomb THAT hard. It wasn't logic to think of that at all back in the day.

But as you can see on this first page you mentioned, most people believed it would do around 50m, which is already a big drop and a way of saying that the console featured many wrong decisions and concepts. They just couldn't imagine the system would struggle to hit 15 or 20m. :P

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The OP is stealth trolling/concerns here, he posted the same thing on N4G and probably felt he didn't get enough attention from that. It's not not you want Nintendo fans to be more critical of the company, because Nintendo fans can be some of the worst and most critical fans out there. Just look at how most respond over new Zelda games or Metroid or Mario.

But again it's not that you want them to be critical of the company, you want them to not enjoy the games whether they are good or not because the hardware it's on isn't what it should have been. That's what I don't understand is that you can be critical of Nintendo but not acknowledge that they have admitted to their shortcomings with the WiiU and decided to stick by the fans that have bought the system by supporting it with software. Even look at the list of the issues that WiiU gamers had about the immediate problems that were plaguing the WiiU and it's OS. Nintendo has addressed many of the things that they could change about the system and what they can't change I'm sure will be fixed on the NX.

You yourself said that you gave Sony until the launch of PS4 to fix the problems that happened with the PS3, so how does Nintendo not get the chance to rectify the situation of WiiU with the NX. You even go on to say pretty much that Nintendo is irrelevant in the console space even though we have no info on what the NX is or as if the Wii and DS never happened. So really what is the true point of your post? You have nothing but great things to say about Sony even though they ditched the Vita, is that what you believe Nintendo should have done the WiiU.