By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U is three years old today, what game's your favourite ?

I guess if I had to sell every WiiU game I own except one, Super Mario 3D World would be the one I keep.

Pikmin 3 would be my second choice, though!

Around the Network

My personal favourite will be undoubtly XCX, but until then, the best ones in the system for me is Bayonetta 1 and 2, Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario World 3D

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Hmmm well I enjoyed AC III and IV, ZombiU, Fatal Frame 5, SM3DW, WWHD,DKTF,MK8,Rayman Legends to name a few. I've still to try Bayonetta 2 and pikmin 3. Also haven't played the new yoshi.

Great thread!

My favorite games are:
-Wind Waker HD
-Splatoon
-Bayonetta 2
-Super Mario 3D World
-Yoshi's Woolly World

Really looking forward to #FE, XCX, Pokken, Zelda U, TPHD and Star Fox as well.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Pikmin 3, which is the game I pretty much bought it for. That's kind of sad that nothing ever topped it for me.

Around the Network

My favorites:

Easily Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World. Both games are the best in their respective series. Wind Waker HD would be a close third counting remakes, otherwise this spot belongs to Yoshi's Woolly World or Mario Maker.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U on the other hand is abhorrent and accepted by the masses only because its gameplay is somewhat better than Brawl's and because it has the most characters represented in the series. With no patches, this rushed game would be an unbalanced glitchfest like no game before it.

1. Pikmin 3
2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
3. Super Mario 3d World

Bayonetta 2 is still breath taking in my eyes. Splatoon has been the game with the longest legs next to Mario Kart. I haven't had a negative experience on the Wii U from any 1st or 2nd party games but the third party support in everything aside from a Lego game felt blah to me.

This is the WiiU's too-oft forgotten masterpiece. Not necessarily perfect, but essential for every WiiU owner to at least try.

Playing this game really got me into using the Gamepad and a lot about the WiiU in general (the Miiverse community/functionality = superb)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016