By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will you be buying Twilight Princess HD?

?

Yes 178 56.33%

No 81 25.63%

Undecided 57 18.04%

Total:316

Unless I think it's going to be hard to find or if I don't think the price will ever drop below a specific point, I'll be waiting for a copy (either new or used) to be available for AU$30 or less.

I already own and have beaten the Wii version, but I am somewhat interested in playing the game with standard controls. I'm just not interested enough to either pay the AU$80-100 for a copy of the GameCube version or the AU$60-80 for the Wii U version at release. Not to mention that there's plenty of other titles that I'm more interested in picking up.

Around the Network

Yes,I will.

Although I've played a little bit of it in the past it's the only major zelda game I don't feel I've played much of. Other than Twilight princess it's only age and sessions and the cdi games I'm lacking a significant play through of. So I'm hyped.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will. I already played Twilight Princess on the Wii and I don't usually play remakes/remasters of games unless I have never played them before.

Yes, because I am a loser and an amiibo collector.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Unlikely. I'm not in the habit of repurchasing games I already own. Didn't buy OoT3D, MM3D, or WWHD.

If they made some kind of great improvement that makes me say, "Wow, if I ever replay Twilight Princess I want it to be this version," then I'll consider it. One such change they could implement... give me a real soundtrack Nintendo. You know what I mean. Enough of this bullshit. Don't you dare expect me to pay you for that synth garbage after you have already given me this. It doesn't have to be every track. Hell, it only has to be a dozen or so. You can do that.

If you're so concerned about preserving the original sound that you want to recreate it as faithfully as possible, there's this neat little game (pair of games, really) that you yourselves published over six years ago that had an interesting little feature. The games are called Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, and they allowed the player to toggle between an approximation of the original soundtrack and a fully remixed/remastered sountrack made for the remakes.

No excuses. No developer wants to be compared unfavorably to GameFreak in the 'laziness' department.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Nuvendil said:

Well, the mirrored world does matter when you consider that the world is supposed to be the Ocarina of Time world.  The mirroring messes that up a bit, in all fairness.

That spoiler tag was kinda unnecessary, really. Twilight Princess' world design is coherent with the overworlds of not just Ocarina of Time, but most Zelda games altogether. If anything, the desert regions in Hyrule have always been on the West, and it bothers me if it's not there.

And I get it that it won't bother people who played Wii TP first, but as someone who's played both, it made the game ridiculously less enjoyable. At all times it just felt like there was something wrong... something off, really. It was just sad.

Well yes but iirc, it is literally that world.  Not just built like it

Dunban67 said:
I already have the Wii version- I don see what is gong to be that different other than slightly upgraded graphics

I can understand people who have not played the game previously being excited but I don t see why people who have played the Wii or Gamecube version would want to buy it again for the wii u

First this is remaster of Gamecube version that is different from Wii version that majority of people played, so mirrored world and different controls. Than TP today looks horrible, even this TP HD port doesn't look impressive at all, it looks much better than original game. Game will have some other improvements, we alredy saw UI that is much better than original, very likely we will have great gamepad integration and Master Quest from start like in WW HD, and there will some other improvements that we dont know for now.

Personally enuf reasons for buying game, especially if you are a Zelda fan.

painmaster212 said:

I might... xD

Do you want to be my friend!? :)

Yes, because it's one of my favourite Zelda games, after Wind Waker and A Link To The Past, and I don't have my GameCube anymore (I never liked the game's controls on the Wii version). 

Yes, I will pre order it soon.
Why? Because its Zelda and its looking much better than original TP looks today and will have other improvements except graphic improvements.

Funny thing, it's November and I already will have 2 pre ordered Wii U games for 2016. (Zelda TP HD and Star Fox) and one that will preorder at later date (Zelda U of course :)).