By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter Believes The Nintendo NX Will Cost Around $299

Do you think Patcher is right?

Yes, other price would be a wrong move. 94 28.75%

No, it will be more expensive. 79 24.16%

No, it will be cheaper. 30 9.17%

No, because Patcher said it. 100 30.58%

Is this a NX thread? The ... 24 7.34%

Total:327
BasilZero said:

So considering the opposite occurs whenever Pachter predicts something - this means the NX...scratch that, the NEXT nintendo system will be $992.

$599 US Dollars PS3 - you have been topped.

So here's a giant enemy Koopa. And you jump in its weak point for massive damage.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

There is a possibility if they announce console 299 USD price, it will have the same graphical power with Xbox One or PS4, (just like Wii U with the same class with Xbox 360 and PS3) but if it's hybrid then it will have the same power as Wii U (because developing a powerfull tablet as powerful as PS4 is not cheap and it will have price more then 299 USD) so i think that's my opinion based on current tech we have at the present.

Well, for once Patcher made a decent prediction, though this is an extremely safe one.But Patcher being Patcher, this is most likely wrong lol

In all seriosness, it really depends.We dont know what the NX will turn out to be and we just have rumours to go by.Depending on the software lineup and how much better the hardware will be (if it will be better) it can still stay competitive if it is 50 dollars more expensive than the others.The E3 next year will be very important for nintendo

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

HollyGamer said:
There is a possibility if they announce console 299 USD price, it would have the same graphical power with Xbox One or PS4, (just like Wii U with the same class with Xbox 360 and PS3) but if it's hybrid then it will have the same power as Wii U (because it will be to cheap building a tablet that have a capability with PS4) so i think that's my opinion based on current tech we have at the present.

I seriously doubt that the home console will be the same power as Wii U, even if they use the fusion concept.First because that would piss off people even more.After all, its a Wii U level power, so why change the console at all?Second because Nintendo always increased the Console power for the next generation, even if it wasnt a giant step, like the gamecube to the Wii.And third, if they did that, they would be in the same horrible situation they are now with third party.So no, it wont be same power.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
HollyGamer said:
There is a possibility if they announce console 299 USD price, it would have the same graphical power with Xbox One or PS4, (just like Wii U with the same class with Xbox 360 and PS3) but if it's hybrid then it will have the same power as Wii U (because it will be to cheap building a tablet that have a capability with PS4) so i think that's my opinion based on current tech we have at the present.

I seriously doubt that the home console will be the same power as Wii U, even if they use the fusion concept.First because that would piss off people even more.After all, its a Wii U level power, so why change the console at all?Second because Nintendo always increased the Console power for the next generation, even if it wasnt a giant step, like the gamecube to the Wii.And third, if they did that, they would be in the same horrible situation they are now with third party.So no, it wont be same power.

The key word here is "Fusion " like tablet device that can be mobile, imagine if you can bring a tablet as powerful as Wii U, people will interested. Trust me, why people not interested with Wii U because they are not mobile (like iPad or Android) . It doesn't matter if powerful or not, what is matter is if the design fit with the casual.

For home console it will be the same power with PS4 or slightly better but it will be difficult to distinguised just like with PS3 and Wii U, or NX will be benefit utilize low power or small factor, but result the same out put with PS4

Around the Network

Darn it Patcher ! I personally believed the system would have been 299 but now that you said this it's gona be 349... Thanks man ...

To compete with PS4/XB1 then it needs to be $299.

They'd be better off making a machine slightly more powerful than the Wii U for $199. The extra power won't drive sales just like it didn't with the Wii U. But it being $100 cheaper than the competition will

And let's face it the best graphics is not something their fans demand and to be honest it's not been a major selling point for most of their games for a long time.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
If this is true, then why the **** is the Wii U selling for $299?

it will all make sense once you see the first tear down of NX's components.

At this point, I think it would be hard to determine what the price of the NX will be. If it is a console and handheld, having it at that price while keeping it at that price seems impossible. I don't think they can make it powerful and split while keeping it at 299, unless Ninten is willing to bleed to make a base...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread