By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 24 Charts: US chart up

binary solo said:
episteme said:

The UC collection. It's over 300K with bundles, but the PS4s include a digital voucher. Or did VGC start to include digital numbers?

Destiny: TKK is under 200K at retail at #7 and UC is #9 in the NPD report.

When you look back at the numbers VGC gave for AC Black flag sales back when the AC bundle was selling big, it's clear that VGC counts digital sales when its attached to a hardware bundle, because it's easily countable. So until confirmed otherwise I'm taking the VGC NDC sales as including bundles. because historically that seems to be what VGC has done. I expect the Halo 5 sales to reflect this too.

Yeah, they confirmed it many times: if it can be counted, they count it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Remember when Assassin's Creed, Just Dance and Guitar Hero were big things? Zelda did pretty terrible as well. Halo next week will be interesting as well.

binary solo said:

When you look back at the numbers VGC gave for AC Black flag sales back when the AC bundle was selling big, it's clear that VGC counts digital sales when its attached to a hardware bundle, because it's easily countable. So until confirmed otherwise I'm taking the VGC NDC sales as including bundles. because historically that seems to be what VGC has done. I expect the Halo 5 sales to reflect this too.

Ok, I didn't know that. The tracking of Wind Waker HD starts with the release of the physical version, the bundle with a download code was availabe earlier. And Bloodborne's digital sales during summer in Japan (came with every console at big retailers) aren't counted. Seems to be inconsistent.

Boutros said:

I'm pretty sure VGC includes digital copies from bundles in their numbers.

You're correct.  They just forget sometimes.  I remember they didn't tracked the vouchers for Walking Dead Vita, but they did for Borderlands.

Point being, anyway, that they do count vouchers.

OT: Lol, those figures for Zestiria.  The figures for Legend of Legacy and Corpse Party last week were pretty hilarious too.

episteme said:
binary solo said:

Ok, I didn't know that. The tracking of Wind Waker HD starts with the release of the physical version, the bundle with a download code was availabe earlier. And  Bloodborne's digital sales during summer in Japan (came with every console) aren't counted, too.

Isn't it the case that VGC largely bases it's Japan estimates on MC/Famitsu numbers? So Japan numbers might be a slightly different kettle of fish.

VGC hasn't reported Halo 5 sales from the 20th -24th of October even though that digital code started to be distributed on the 20th, but I expect they will include those digital codes that went out with Halo 5 bundles during that time in the sales numbers for the official launch week. They *should* have done the same with WWHD, do we have any independant evidence to suggest they didn't do that? I do think over all it's better to not start reporting game sales until the official launch week.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Believe me Machina you can cut those Tales of Zestiria numbers by at least 150k.

Cream just posted that it did ~58k for all of October. 

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Indeed, Cream has been posting numbers:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185616947&postcount=5598

Halo5 bundle < Uncharted bundle

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185621120&postcount=5628

AC: PS4 ~ 57%
Toraifōsu ~ 83k
robo ~ 35k
wooly ~ 165k
transformers ~ 38k

(That's Zelda Tri Force Heroes and Chibi Robo, I believe)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185621882&postcount=5636

toz ~ 58k
d5 ~ 26k
dq ~ 31k

jd2016 ~ 38k, Wii ~ 39%

Kresnik said:

toz ~ 58k
d5 ~ 26k
dq ~ 31k

This is why MS isn't throwing too much of their money into Japanese titles from devs that don't care about X1. I really hope Scalebound doesn't meet the same fate.

Machina said:
Boutros said:
Believe me Machina you can cut those Tales of Zestiria numbers by at least 150k.

I don't disagree. Problem was the pre-orders figures from retailers. Brett's going to have to go back and re-adjust all the pre-order charts.

Edit - I suspect there's a problem with RPGs being over-represented by the retailers we get data from. Not something I feel qualified to adjust yet though. Gonna have to pass it on to Brett and hope he can fix it.

Edit 2 - Brett's fixed the figures for Tales (including pre-order figures) and made some corrections to account for the fact that, as suspected (and many of you have pointed out in the past) our samples for JRPGs in particular seem heavily skewed, which is producing some really high extrapolations, so hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Awesome!

Machina said:
Boutros said:

I don't disagree. Problem was the pre-orders figures from retailers. Brett's going to have to go back and re-adjust all the pre-order charts.

Edit - I suspect there's a problem with RPGs being over-represented by the retailers we get data from. Not something I feel qualified to adjust yet though. Gonna have to pass it on to Brett and hope he can fix it.

Edit 2 - Brett's fixed the figures for Tales (including pre-order figures) and made some corrections to account for the fact that, as suspected (and many of you have pointed out in the past) our samples for JRPGs in particular seem heavily skewed, which is producing some really high extrapolations, so hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Cool!

Machina and IOI getting things done!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3