By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry: Rise of Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 is actually a good port (updated with vid)

Tagged games:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-face-off

Basically, they say the Xbox 360 version is a remarkably well done conversion. 

Update: Here's the video comparison. They are amazingly close!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nv4sBCx0_c

Around the Network

Not surprising. I was one of the few that thought last gen hardware was just fine, even when the new ones were announced. Still capable of great things.

Yes it is, and one of the best looking 7th gen games too.

Kinda needed to be......considering it's only on the One and it won't sell well on just that platform. 360 is its second hope.

Preston Scott

Nixxes handled the port. If you want anyone to be porting your fave game, it's them.

Around the Network

Wow.... input lag is nuts on the Xboxone version... they actually mention they prefer playing on the xbox 360.

JRPGfan said:
Wow.... input lag is nuts on the Xboxone version... they actually mention they prefer playing on the xbox 360.

Really?  I hand't noticed it at all when I was playing it.  

I know they mentioned a couple of areas but wasn't that because the Xbox 360 version had no snow or something?  Certain areas of TR on XB1 has deep snow that slows Lara down.  It actually says on screen something like "Deep snow will slow Lara down" during the area.  You have to avoid the snow when running from a bear or it's game over.

*edit* reading the article again.  I might be thinking of something else.  I still don't have any issues with the game but then, I'm not a professional game analyzer.

Ten years later and that machine can still run pretty things. Amazing.

Seventh gen should have lasted a few more years.

Or Xbone was just a weak console to begin with. 😆

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
Or Xbone was just a weak console to begin with. 😆

Yeah, maybe this. MS should concentrate all their efforts and companies to make games for the 360 and stop developing for the X1 altogether.