By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Main Reason why Twilight Princess HD doesnt look as good?

Would better lightning satisfy you with the games graphics?

Yes definitly 60 42.86%

No, I want tech demo graphics 42 30.00%

I am already satisfied 38 27.14%

Total:140

So i think here is the main reason why TPHD doesnt look as good as windwaker did. Unfortnaly they didnt added improved lightning like they did on windwaker. Thats would helped ALOT.

If we check back windwaker, the biggest improvement beside the higher resolution was the beatifull lightning, the shadows and co. Check yourself here:

The Shadows and lightning gave the game a way more "3D" like look. 

Heres is how TPHD could had looked with new advanced lightning:

Just for comparison, here is a screenshot from 2011´s wii u´s tech demo:

Around the Network

Maybe. Honestly the textures of both versions of TP look like absolute garbage. It clearly has not aged well.

Windwaker on the other hand with it's animated style even looks great (imo) to this day on the gamecube. Aged great.

Some games just don't age well no matter if they get a remaster or not.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:

Maybe. Honestly the textures of both versions of TP look like absolute garbage. It clearly has not aged well.

Windwaker on the other hand with it's animated style even looks great (imo) to this day on the gamecube. Aged great.

Please check this video (starts at 18:45). This is FANMADE. You really want to tell me Twilight Princess HD "cant" look much better?

IMHO it's just pointless to release the game on the third consecutive system unless you want to redesign it completely (using the engine of Zelda U...). Still I totally agree with you, the lighting could have made this remake a lot better, you can tell watching the part of the trailer with Wolf Link and Midna...

Um the HD screenshot looks the same as the photos hopped one lol Except for some random shadows

Around the Network
JNK said:
ps3-sales! said:

Please check this video (starts at 18:45). This is FANMADE. You really want to tell me Twilight Princess HD "cant" look much better?

...is this being run off of WiiU? Because it's not really comparable otherwise. PC gives WAY more legroom.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

gigantor21 said:

...is this being run off of WiiU? Because it's not really comparable otherwise. PC gives WAY more legroom.

Doesnt matter. The Wii U is powerfull enough to handle those kind if graphics. Mario Kart 8 and the new Zelda Wii U both looked WAY better.

Dont blame wii u´s "weak" hardware for the graphics Twilight Princess HD has. They are far from pushing the wii u to its limit with this game. FAR.

It doesn't look as good because it was designed to be played on an SD TV. In order for it to look good, they would have needed to completely remake the assets for higher resolution televisions.

But why everybody want to have a light TP ?!? The dark atmosphere and graphics made the charm of the game. You can definitely increase the graphics quality but absolutely not the light ! In the video, Link and the Hylian shield are way to light and i think it distort TP.

Because that would have needed way more work and the purpose of the game is to have a Zelda game for Wii U fans who are waiting for Zelda U.

Also, Twilight Princess is far more difficult to remastered than Wind Waker.