By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD - VS Dolphin

Which HD-Port/Remake is the bigger improvement

Twilight Princess HD 13 18.31%

Wind Waker HD 58 81.69%

Total:71
Goodnightmoon said:

You need a powerfull PC and mods to have TP looking like that on dolphin, that´s without counting the bugs and framerate issues a lot of emulated games have once they are too enchanced, and of course, you cannot emulate the gamepad features wich is some of the best improvements in WWHD.

You don't need powerful mods.

Also, dolphin is free whereas twilight princess hd won't be

Around the Network
midrange said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You need a powerfull PC and mods to have TP looking like that on dolphin, that´s without counting the bugs and framerate issues a lot of emulated games have once they are too enchanced, and of course, you cannot emulate the gamepad features wich is some of the best improvements in WWHD.

Basic comprehension would be nice.

"a powerful PC" and "mods". In other words, for those trying to compare the two to justify claiming that it's just a straight port are completely failing at understanding what a "mod" is.

But more than that, all we've seen is pre-scripted stuff that obviously won't change, and a short scene showing a little bit of horse combat... and that looked different from what I remember of TP on Wii. Even a quick check of Epona's tail here shows a difference - it's much more dynamic, and that suggests that, at the very least, there are a few changes other than textures and anti-aliasing. And since it's the only shot we see that isn't a cutscene shot, it's really the only one we have to determine if there are further changes.

And yes, dolphin is free... and emulating retail games is illegal. What's your point?

midrange said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Wii U runs pirated games too(loadiine), but neither are technically free. I think the Wii version looks better than that dolphin screenshot, maybe you can remove those filters but the Wii version is like a painting while Dolphin is the same painting after washing it. Resolution is very noticeable but little important.

Are those TPHD textures the same as OoT3D and MM3D?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

lol at those who defend TP "HD" whats the excuse this time? The WiiU can't handle some intense lightning effects? Like in WW HD?

The moment i saw the TP HD footage i actually thought they were first showing the GC version to then compare it with the HD version but.... Nope. This is the remaster they spent a year in all secrecy working on, which is slightly sharper than the GC/Wii version and will most likely be sold for full price. Fuck this game, i'll stick with the GC/Wii version.

Around the Network

I don't understand? Lol i played TP on my wii u a few weeks ago and it looked blurry as fuck, shit wishy washy colours and generally ancient. This version looks so much sharper and clearer. That ain't defended shit that's just using my eyes and brain!

Nogamez said:
I don't understand? Lol i played TP on my wii u a few weeks ago and it looked blurry as fuck, shit wishy washy colours and generally ancient. This version looks so much sharper and clearer. That ain't defended shit that's just using my eyes and brain!

same thought here. 

sry for my bad english - it is not my 1st language

It's easier to see the differences in WW because of the simple color schemes. TP is a more realistic zelda with more mixed colors. The lighting and textures are obviously improved though

Lube Me Up

Aielyn said:
midrange said:

Basic comprehension would be nice.

"a powerful PC" and "mods". In other words, for those trying to compare the two to justify claiming that it's just a straight port are completely failing at understanding what a "mod" is.

But more than that, all we've seen is pre-scripted stuff that obviously won't change, and a short scene showing a little bit of horse combat... and that looked different from what I remember of TP on Wii. Even a quick check of Epona's tail here shows a difference - it's much more dynamic, and that suggests that, at the very least, there are a few changes other than textures and anti-aliasing. And since it's the only shot we see that isn't a cutscene shot, it's really the only one we have to determine if there are further changes.

And yes, dolphin is free... and emulating retail games is illegal. What's your point?

I need to see more of the remake to actually do a full comparison and to actually note most of the changes to the original.

also, emulating retail games is not illegal if you own the games. People who have twilight princess are better of just using dolphin for free instead of a minor remake for $60. Or people could buy the wii version at $30, play the dolphin version, and save $30 for about the same experience

Would have been nice if Nintendo could have incoporated some more shaders and effects into twilight princess HD. Maybe even just a pinch of motion blur.