By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow coming to 3DS VC (with wireless trades!)

Tagged games:

About time, the VC releases of these games were way overdue.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I have no need to buy them but this was a great announcement for avid 3DS VC players. I knew that trading wouldn't be that hard of a concept to integrate into 3DS. It would have been a nice touch if they replaced the Gameboy with the 3DS during trading sequences.

The Japanese are getting the Pokemon games in physical form and they are retailing around $11.30 USD dollars. So I guess the digital file for US should cost no more than $10?

Do we also have word if the wireless trading is limited to local wireless or also includes online trading?

t3mporary_126 said:

The Japanese are getting the Pokemon games in physical form and they are retailing around $11.30 USD dollars. So I guess the digital file for US should cost no more than $10?

Do we also have word if the wireless trading is limited to local wireless or also includes online trading?

Yeah I was thinking somewhere in the 8-10 dollar range?

Most of the GB games are 5 or 6, but this bring the original Pokemon games, I know they'll have at least a small increase. 

So sick. I'm super excited for these.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

Blue, day one. Just like the first time.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

;_; So happy.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

This has been a long time coming. It'll be great to have an opportunity to play these again - and with a better chance of trading without the requirement of a link cable! This might be as good a chance as any to "Catch 'em all", especially if they distribute Mew somehow, which I feel sure they will (I know you can get Mew via a glitch, but that isn't the same as getting them all legitimately).

Ka-pi96 said:
Platina said:
I won't be getting it, but it's definitely neat to see

Strange that Green is not coming for the West though

Wasn't Green basically a lesser version of Red/Blue?

Besides, how different is the dialogue in green? Would they have to localise it or something since it has never had a western release before?

At first, there were Red and Green released in Japan, with earlier pokemon sprites and several more glitches. I encourage you to read about those Japanese versions on serebii or bulbapedia. After a while they released Blue in Japan, and this version served as the basis for the non-Japanese versions (sprites, fixed glitches and other polish). However, the international Red contains the same catchable pokemon as the original Japanese Red, while the international Blue contains the same catchable pokemon as the original japanese Green.

Might seem confusing but it's not so much :)

Edit: my point is that it's pointless to release Green in us or Europe, but maybe Blue could be translated. But the problem is, we already have a Blue, so it would probably just lead to confusion

Yep.