By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft on Xbox One's DX12: Don't expect 'that dramatic of an impact'

Sharpryno said:
Faelco said:
What? But, but... Secret chip then?

Yeah, known for a long time, but it's good to hear it from MS. A comment like this about the Cloud would be great too.

No.  You have Crackdown 3 coming out, why would they speak ill.

They could use it for Crackdown 3 : "Few games can  benefit from the Cloud, but Crackdown 3 will show you how it's done!" 

Or something like that ^^

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Those people will over analyze the his comment and come to the conclusion he's downplaying the true benefits.

They're already trying to stop this getting approved on N4Gs. XB1 fans just don't want to hear it and I'm sure that's really frustrating for MS. It just perpetuates the power argument (as I predicted well over a year ago), when XB1 owners should just be enjoying all the great games they have to play.

Too much generalizing. A majority of fans are content with the weaker graphics and more robust UI features.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Didn't Phil already say this? Or does MS just feel the need to keep repeating themselves over and over?

Another MS guy already said that. This is old news. It has been old news since they first announced DX12 for X1.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

method114 said:
ethomaz said:

That was expected already.

The biggest change is for PC where the abstraction layer is way bigger than consoles... consoles already do near close to metal calls.

Agreed what wasn't expected is for MS to confirm this. This whole gen they've been exaggerating technology and the effects it will on the X1.

Phil said this months ago.  It will definately have noticeable changes for games that are built for DX12, but that will be awhile 

console graphics, ayyeee

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Didn't Phil already say this? Or does MS just feel the need to keep repeating themselves over and over?

They're repeating it because a lot of XB1 owners won't let it go. All it does is perpetuate the power argument and in turn perpetuates the resolution difference arguments. MS just want it to stop but a lot of their fans don't understand why.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
NobleTeam360 said:

They're repeating it because a lot of XB1 owners won't let it go. All it does is perpetuate the power argument and in turn perpetuates the resolution difference arguments. MS just want it to stop but a lot of their fans don't understand why.

He's repeating because he was asked the question in an interview... How did you come to that conclusion? 😄

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:

He's repeating because he was asked the question in an interview... How did you come to that conclusion? 😄

I don't really want to get into a deep conversation because I can see where this is going. I'd point out that he didn't need to be this specific. He's chosen to because the power argument and resolution is not helping the Xbox brand, it's damaging it.

The PS5 Exists. 

ethomaz said:

That was expected already.

The biggest change is for PC where the abstraction layer is way bigger than consoles... consoles already do near close to metal calls.

The bolded ethomaz-sensei is among the various reasons why I was and still am confused about opposing communities on various forums debating upon whether the DX12 would serve a good or great boost towards the One. The DX12 was meant to further increase performance upon PC's. It will give the Xbox One a boost.... just not as great as some believe.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

I'm not going to quote, because i don't want people to take it personal. He wouldn't just go out of the blue and say this again, when Phil already said it. The article is based off of an interview done by another website which interviewed the guy. He was specifically asked by the interviewer the question. He's not saying it to shut up the Xbone fanboy hopefuls. He's saying it to help inform a general Windows enthusiast website, whom probably don't mostly game. The website is actually a Windows Phone website converted over to all Windows .

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER