By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

This is definitly the most interisting month this year so far
Halo vs Price Cut

Around the Network

My guess, based on Amazon:

PS4 to be decisive winner i.e. beats NPD margin of error(+/-10% margin?)
Both PS4 & XBO to be under-tracked

:D I'm only wrong like 48% of the time

Excited to see the results. Amazon seems to indicate that the PS4 won. However, preorders leave room for error.
Microsoft has to win October to keep things interesting.

Preorders for Halo were at #24 in August, not in the top #100 for September and it reached #25 in October, 1 ahead of the Star Wars Bundle and 6 behind the Nathan Drake Bundle. I don't think the preorders will be enough to give it a win.

The PS5 Exists. 

we have an approximation for week 4: 96,949*0.8 = 77559(PS4); 140,905*0.8 = 112724 (Xb one); 37,267*0.8 = 29813 (3DS); 28,725*0.8 = 22980 (Wii U).

Or is it 0.85 as the rule of thumb? Back in the day that's how we used to have to approximate USA numbers as VGC didn't have a USA only chart.

Potentially one of the most hotly anticipated PS4/Xb one showdowns of the generation so far. And potentially a thread that will see many heated posts and a high proportion of bans.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

tagging

GribbleGrunger said:
Preorders for Halo were at #24 in August, not in the top #100 for September and it reached #25 in October, 1 ahead of the Star Wars Bundle and 6 behind the Nathan Drake Bundle. I don't think the preorders will be enough to give it a win.

There may be any number of reasons why the Halo 5 bundle had a fairly unimpressive pre-order run on Amazon but did better at other retailers. VGC obviously doesn't think it did well enough to win October but the VGC gap is low enough that NPD can easily come in with a reverse result. After all, VGC only needs to have underestimated Halo 5 bundles by 50K and that puts the consoles in a tie situation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Boutros said:
Pavolink said:
Boutros said:

Unfortunately we don't have the weekly breakdown for hardware this month (except week 1) but at least we have total sales for the whole month!

In the front page appears numbers of week 4.

No wait I can't it's North America on the front page!

Have you tried PM'ing ioi for the US data? He obviously has it available for Machina to publish as soon as he gets his software charts organised for each week.

Jimi Hendrix

VGC for once.

VGC agreeing with Amazon, yay.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.