By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

31 Hint: Recently re-released this 3D platformer sequel sometimes had an old friend help out in the adventure.
Hint 2: The whole world is connected in this game unlike its predecessor.
Hint 3: The game has animal characters

30 Hint: PS4 JRPG, but the graphics are seen as poor by most.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Farsala said:
31 Hint: Recently re-released this 3D platformer sequel sometimes had an old friend help out in the adventure.
Hint 2: The whole world is connected in this game unlike its predecessor.
Hint 3: The game has animal characters

30 Hint: PS4 JRPG, but the graphics are seen as poor by most.

Banjo Tooie ;o

Correct

Clyde32 said:
uran10 said:
hint #29
This game got a DIRECT sequel in november 2013

I want to say Link Between Worlds, but then that wasn't a direct sequel.

You would be right, though when I said direct sequel I meant they took place right after the other since you know the multiple zelda games and such.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

BasilZero said:
Farsala said:

Correct

Your #30 is FFType-0 HD?

No, I think the graphics are fine for a PSP port.

A series of 3D platformers that could meet the standards of the big Nintendo platformers. It took a while, but the PlayStation had it in the form of the 'Crash Bandicoot' series. 'Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped' was the most refined of these, building upon the somewhat crude first game and perfected the improvements of the second game. Both this and the second are the ones I played most, with this third game probably winning ever so slightly.

There's a huge amount of levels, categorized into several worlds each with their own theme, enemies, bosses and quirks. This helps the replay value a lot, and the game never gets tedious and seems endless. Overall, there's four styles of levels; over-the-shoulder levels, side scrolling "2.5D" levels, chase levels and boss fights. There's multiple bonus levels and all these are also littered with collectibles.

Being one of the PlayStation game discs that would find it's way into the system more often than not, it was hard to put down. It's a shame the series was moved over to other publishers and developers and after the fourth game, which was still decent, quality dropped far from the third game; the magnum opus of the series.

Around the Network

As a first in this series, gameplay revolve around the symbiotic relationship between your occidental and oriental settlements.

Can anyone guess my #29?

It is a strategy game, that is a spin-off of a series of strategy games. It came out in the early '00s, and it has a picture of Zeus on the cover.

Poliwrathlord said:
Can anyone guess my #29?

It is a strategy game, that is a spin-off of a series of strategy games. It came out in the early '00s, and it has a picture of Zeus on the cover.

Zeus: Master of Olympus?

Man, that takes me back. Played all three of them; Zeus, Pharaoh and the Caesar series. Played Caesar, especially the third, the most, loved it. Wait... Why don't I have this in my list?!

S.Peelman said:
Poliwrathlord said:
Can anyone guess my #29?

Zeus: Master of Olympus?

Man, that takes me back. Played all three of them; Zeus, Pharaoh and the Caesar series. Played Caesar, especially the third, the most, loved it. Wait... Why don't I have this in my list?!

Though those games are pretty awesome (and surprise you just guessed my #28, Caesar 3), it is actually a different game. The first word in the title is Age and Zeus shares the coverart with Annubis and Thor, if those hints can help you guess what it is.

BasilZero said:
Farsala said:

No, I think the graphics are fine for a PSP port.

Disgaea 5?

Also no one gonna guess my #29 ;(!? ALL DEM CLUES SOMEONE GOT TO HAVE PLAYED MY GAME n__n

Yes.