By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

mZuzek said:
mZuzek said:

#38 - Though this game echoes its predecessor in gameplay and level design, it has a much different story and overall theme - in fact, in some things it even resembles traditional elements of another franchise.

Okay, an extra hint for #38: I bolded a certain word in the original hint. Hopefully that makes it clear enough.

Well, here's the new batch of hints then:

#37 - Though there's a classic video game mascot in the game's title, he's not a playable character this time and only appears in the game at all right at the end.
#36 - This game started off as a handheld remake of a classic title, but eventually was changed to become a sequel to the original game. (um, I guess)
#35 - It takes place in LA, and has awesome super long hallways for loading screens! (and I don't think anyone will guess it with just that, so I'm gonna say it's a sports game... but not based upon a traditional sport.)
#34 - The first game in this fighting franchise to feature the main character of the series.
#33 - The ending is mostly told through a series of black and white panels that don't cover the whole screen (there's white edges on all sides) while an emotional song plays in the background.

Edit: yeah. Spam over.

36. A link between worlds

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Well, here's the new batch of hints then:

#37 - Though there's a classic video game mascot in the game's title, he's not a playable character this time and only appears in the game at all right at the end.

Edit: yeah. Spam over.

Some others I would have known are already guessed, but I think I can still put this one to my name;

Donkey Kong Country... 2?

Mr_No said:
#31: A critically acclaimed game starring the most angriest character in videogame history.

God of War?

S.Peelman said:
Mr_No said:
#31: A critically acclaimed game starring the most angriest character in videogame history.

God of War?

You are correct.

Mr_No said:
S.Peelman said:
Mr_No said:

God of War?

You are correct.

Nobody angrier than Kratos.

Part of what made it fun though!

Around the Network

Hint #32: This is the third entry in a classic franchise that got a re-release on the GBA, packaged with another game.

CWegzz said:
Hint #32: This is the third entry in a classic franchise that got a re-release on the GBA, packaged with another game.

Super Mario Bros 3

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
CWegzz said:

Super Mario Bros 3

No, but I guess that would work as well.  In this game, the game that it came packaged with was a new game.

CWegzz said:

A Link to the Past.

S.Peelman said:
CWegzz said:

A Link to the Past.

Correct