By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Platina said:

2/3! Nice.. #37 is less well known though

Games Left:

#37. Time travel and being able to change the ordering of turns during battle. Less well known
#38. Set out to hunt down witches, you end up siding with them anyways
#40. Reallly, really annoying main character until a big change happens. Electric Guitar Opening D:

#40. Tales of the Abyss.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
Smeags said:

#37: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Platform

Despite the awesome name (as it's a play on Diddy's Conquest... and some even mix it up for Diddy Kong's Quest), (..)

I was guilty of this for years.  So easy to get it wrong when you barely look at the cartridge and title screen before jumping in and playing.  It probably wasn't until more than a decade later when I figured out I was wrong.

I am actually noticing it just now, reading Smeags' story. Oh my god, mind blown!

A Nintendo system where the best game on it is not first party, not developed in-house by Nintendo themselves, that's a rare occurrence. The 3DS handheld however is such a system. 'Resident Evil: Revelations' takes the system to the next level pushing visuals that didn't seem possible.

The game is a return to the series' roots, taking place in dark, abandoned and confined spaces of a cruise ship with the gameplay scale tipped more towards the horror aspect once again. Being a survival horror game, the game has it's fair share of tense moments and a lot of scares. Like much of the series, there's a real B-movie story in the game, which is quite entertaining and keeps you going. This story is presented in small episodes, which are perfect for handheld gaming sessions.

The game's design still allows itself to mix things up and every now and then, a faster paced, more action oriented section takes place. Progression is as such that when the player gets further into the game, more of the ship becomes accessible due to the player unlocking new areas in each 'Episode', the game's variant on levels presented as if it was a television-series. It's a shame the second game didn't make it to the 3DS for some reason, but if I ever get a PlayStation Vita, I'll be sure to buy the sequel!

My list jumps all over the place, and the following game is again something completely different, at least from my #35:

Making money and having a booming economy based on a vast trading empire is easy, when you play as my country.

35: Hint: 3rd but not last iteration of the same fighting game.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
35: Hint: 3rd but not last iteration of the same fighting game.

Super Street Fighter IV:  Arcade Edition

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

CWegzz said:
Hint #35: An 8th Generation animu game about time travel.

Since no one has even guessed, I'm going to give a super obvious hint, the guy who is my avatar plays a pretty huge role in this game.

CWegzz said:
CWegzz said:
Hint #35: An 8th Generation animu game about time travel.

Since no one has even guessed, I'm going to give a super obvious hint, the guy who is my avatar plays a pretty huge role in this game.

^Correct, Xenoverse eh.

Farsala said:
CWegzz said:

^Correct, Xenoverse eh.

Correct!

S.Peelman said:
theRepublic said:

I was guilty of this for years.  So easy to get it wrong when you barely look at the cartridge and title screen before jumping in and playing.  It probably wasn't until more than a decade later when I figured out I was wrong.

I am actually noticing it just now, reading Smeags' story. Oh my god, mind blown!

It's true!  Look!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)