By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Hint for #38

Best dragon ball game

Around the Network

'Professor Layton & Pandora's Box' is a puzzle adventure on the Nintendo DS handheld that follows the quest of professor Hershel Layton and his sidekick Luke trying to solve a Sherlock Holmes-esque mystery. Being part adventure, part point-and-click and part puzzle game, it's quite unique and thus the most memorable thing I played on the DS.

The story is complicated, and involves the search for a mystical box that is said to give the owner supernatural powers. Events around the supposed owner make this seem like it might actually be a true story and through the solving of riddles and word- or math problems Layton gets closer and closer to the real answer to the story. Most puzzles are based on real world logic problems invented by the brightest minds on this planet, molded into the Layton theme.

Some puzzles are really mind boggling, while others are easy to solve. There's a good balance however and the quirky story and the appealing design makes you keep on playing. 'Pandora's Box' is the first game I played in the series, and it made me pick up 'The Lost Future' and 'The Miracle Mask' as well, which are equally great, so even with about 150 puzzles in each game, puzzles just don't get boring.

Mike321 said:
Hint for #38

Best dragon ball game

I'm going to guess Budokai Tenkachi 3 or Xenoverse

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Mmm, I need to be more on point with these hints. Maybe this one will resonate better with you guys;

It is quite obvious that this game takes much inspiration from a certain famous (unrelated) movie franchise's early years, while also applying every cliche about the depicted era and the type of story in the book.

Clyde32 said:
Ultrashroomz said:

#38 Hint

Pretty much the definitive kart racer on PS1.

CTR.

Yep

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Mmm, I need to be more on point with these hints. Maybe this one will resonate better with you guys;

It is quite obvious that this game takes much inspiration from a certain famous (unrelated) movie franchise's early years, while also applying every cliche about the depicted era and the type of story, in the book.

Uncharted?

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

BraLoD said:
Mike321 said:
Hint for #38

Best dragon ball game

Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Yes

CWegzz said:
S.Peelman said:

It is quite obvious that this game takes much inspiration from a certain famous (unrelated) movie franchise's early years, while also applying every cliche about the depicted era and the type of story in the book.

Uncharted?

Nope, but kind of could have been going by the hint. It's a generation older than Uncharted though.

TruckOSaurus said:
Mr_No said:
#38: This guy dressed like a mammal deserved to be locked amongst the other loonies.

Another hint: He beat all the loonies single handed. Why? Because he's ___________.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Correct!

#38: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Action Adventure

I have a confession to make: I'm not the biggest fan of 2D Zeldas. When it comes to the Zelda franchise, 3D Zelda games are head and shoulders (and a dimension) above their 2D counterparts. And I've attempted to really dive in, I really have! The original is okay, Zelda II is better off forgotten in my case, and even A Link to the Past wasn't enough to break my heart of stone. So it shouldn't surprise you that I picked up A Link Between Worlds late, as I wasn't exactly itching to give it a go. But I had time to spare, so why not give it a go? And thankfully I did, as this game effortlessly melted my heart and taught me to love once more! I'm not sure what it was... maybe it was the silky smooth combat, or perhaps the quirky and lovable cast of characters, or maybe that soundtrack, or what about the fact that the game allows you to tackle the temples in whatever order you'd like? I think it was a bit of everything, and the game quickly became near and dear to me. Years from now, tales will be told and say will say, when Smeags' heart grew three sizes that day! All I can say is that I played an amazing game, and I'm a better gamer for it!

Also, the Lorule Castle theme is awesome.