By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Darwinianevolution said:
S.Peelman said:
Okay so somebody must know this. Since it's proven to be a hard one, I'll post the rare third hint, before I'll post tge game itself in a couple more hours.

This game based on a television show featured a team consisting of characters that were sometimes seen as extras, in the show.

Hint 2: This team of extras, which the player is a part of, is formed by the officer in charge (who is part of the tv-series' famous main cast and has her real voice in the game) to deal with hazardous missions that have to be dealt with due to the ship being in a lonely, dire situation.

Hint 3: On these missions, the player and his Hazard Team encounter enemies like a race of bounty hunters, species that is both biological and technological, and something that involves the number '8472'.

Something Star Trek related?

Yes! We're getting warm.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Yes! We're getting warm.

Starfleet Command, or Bridge Commander?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

BraLoD said:
44. Singing on the sea

43. At one point you are a dot on this game

44. Kingdom Hearts?

S.Peelman said:
CWegzz said:

Hint 44: This is the second of 13 games in a spin-off series.

Mario Party 2?

I think that spin-off series has 13 games, can't really think of another; 1-10, Advance, DS and Island Tour.

Correct!

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Darwinianevolution said:
S.Peelman said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Yes! We're getting warm.

No, though one of the hints contains a clue, regarding the captain, as to which of the Star Trek series this game is attached to.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Darwinianevolution said:
S.Peelman said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Yes! We're getting warm.

No, though one of the hints contains a clue, regarding the captain, as to which of the Star Trek series this game is attached to.

Elite Force?

Darwinianevolution said:
S.Peelman said:

Elite Force?

Correct! Very good .

BraLoD said:
44. Singing on the sea

43. At one point you are a dot on this game

In Pac-Man, you're a dot when you start.

Signature goes here!

#48: Rock Band 3

Rhythm/Music

Rock Band 3 is a game which ranks among my favorite local multiplayer experiences in gaming. Being that each instrument (Guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and keyboard) offers a unique experience for each player, every person on the floor must succeed at his/her unique role to help the band move forward. It doesn't matter how good you're doing if the rest of your crew is struggling, so you're always there to support one another. Only when you're all successful is when your band truly shines, and in a world of competitive multiplayer, I always enjoy cooperative gaming. There was so many memories playing with my family and friends, and I'm glad to see that the genre has new life in Rock Band 4 and Guitar Hero Live. Hopefully I can get my hands on these games soon! I'm ready to rock once more!

#47: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

RPG

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is usually ranked among the bottom of the mainline Pokemon barrel (I think Ruby/Sapphire takes that "crown".), and I can see why to a point. The overworld was much too mountainous, the legendaries at this point kinda jumped the shark in terms of design (I mean, just look at Dialga and Palkia), and the Pokemon class introduced isn't among the best out there (Rhyperior... why?). But Diamond/Pearl also introduced some fantastic additions to the Pokemon universe. First of all is Weavile, who is the best Pokemon ever. Secondly we have online battles, which got me into competitive Pokemon for the first time (Infernape, Tyranitar, Leafeon, Regice, Garchomp, and Alakazam was my first ever competitive team!), and they also made much improved gameplay changes (physical/special no longer being assigned by type was a huge move in the right direction). The game may not be the best that Pokemon has to offer, but it also is important to me in what it brought to the table.