By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Basil, is it Ys Origins?

Can't think of many games where the focus is on two girls throughout the entire series.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

45 Hint 1: This game was the first game as a spinoff from a popular hack and slash series.
Hint 2: Features Feudal Japan as the setting.

44 Hint 1: Similar to the last game but released for the PS4.

Farsala said:
45 Hint 1: This game was the first game as a spinoff from a popular hack and slash series.

#45: Samurai Warriors?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Farsala said:

Yes, next one should be easy now.

Clyde32 said:
Clyde32 said:
#45 - A racing game from the 6th gen.

It's got pink.

Come on guys, it's Kirby Air Ride. 

Around the Network
Farsala said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Farsala said:

Samurai Warriors 4?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Farsala said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Farsala said:

Samurai Warriors 4?

Indeed. Time for summaries.

47: Stronghold Crusader (PC)- This game I could still play ahead of any other stronghold today. Something about this one makes it so much more fun. The actions are smooth, the combat is intuitive. The castles aren't a drag to make, the resource management promotes protection and dominance of oasis areas. Many different strategies can be used, and the 50 mission trail brings all of them out. Speaking of the 50 missions, most are quite balanced, even when you get an ally or two. Even when I lost in my early days, spending 60 wood to create 21 loggers to kill a single knight was entertaining.

46: Spyro the Dragon (PS1)- I would put this equal to Year of the Dragon but I lost the game, so only my nostalgia speaks for that one. The gathering of jewels and freeing dragons was fun every level. The health system and mechanics were nice. I liked going to so many different worlds and facing off against different enemies.

45: Samurai Warriors (PS2)- The first and greatest spinoff of Dynasty Warriors in my opinion. Japanese Feudal era is just as interesting to me as most other eras. They changed little, but I liked what they kept and what they changed. The musou system had charges instead of a big meter. Triangle did a special move, exclusive to the character. Guns wrecked you if you wanted to tank a barrage. My favorite Uesugi Kenshin had a huge sword, and while he lived was considered the most dominant warlord, and the God of War. The sieges in game were nice, and every enemy appropriately powerful.

44: Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)- I did not enjoy a Warriors game in a long time until I played this one. It may be all to similar, but the different attacks helped me to enjoy it. Hyper attacks were introduced and it sped things up when all you wanted to do was kill all the peasants. Although inferior to the old system, I still preferred it to PS3 era systems. The massive amount of characters kept me entertained throughout all the story. And in addition to my old favorites I found new favorites, something that still evades me for the Dynasty Warriors series.

axumblade said:
47. This game is based off a TV show.
46. This game is being made into a movie.
45. The advertising for this game involved a mascot dressed up as the title character.

46. One of the Ratchet games!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

axumblade said:
47. This game is based off a TV show.
46. This game is being made into a movie.
45. The advertising for this game involved a mascot dressed up as the title character.

47. The Walking Dead Season 1
46. Ratchet & Clank
45. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped