By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Teeqoz said:
CWegzz said:

Do I get bonus points for trying?

Sure, why not?

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network
Smeags said:

#12: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Action-Adventure

The Legend of Zelda series has always been a special one to me because Link feels like a character that you connect with, because in reality you are Link. The series has always strived to put you in the shoes as one of videogame's biggest royalty, and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword makes that connection even more impactful with your ability to control Link with the WiiMote. Every sword swing, every use of the bow, every encounter was made all the more harrowing, all the more personal, because it was you who was swinging that sword, who was pulling the bowstring, who was engaging the enemy. That combined with some of the best temples in the series (The Ancient Cystern is absolutely sublime.) and the best bosses in the series... well it makes for a game that is truly unforgettable. By the end I was standing up, fully engaged (and fully engrossed) in defeating the ultimate evil and saving the day. I haven't been that captivated since I was a kid. It really says it all.

Loved the boss rush challenge in this game! Well... except for The Imprisoned... I hate that guy.

Signature goes here!

CWegzz said:
Time to catch up again

16. This is one of the most hated games in a long running franchise.
15. This is the newest entry in its franchise that had two games released, but not simultaneously, on two different platforms.
14. This is the first game in its franchise to introduce characters from other franchises.
13. In this game you go to a strip club, a gay bathhouse, and heaven.
12. "Just one more turn," also introduced city-states to the franchise
11. "Not a Real 3D Game"

To try and stop the spam, the only one that hasn't been guessed yet is 14 and another hint is that this is the newest entry in the franchise.

Teeqoz said:
Damn, poor CWegzz is getting hammered with quoted right now

It's what I get for posting 5 at a time with relatively easy hints lol

#11: Metroid Prime

Action-Adventure

Metroid Prime was my first foray into the beloved Metroid universe. And after playing this game, I know why the series is, despite its more niche standing in the greater video game world, so adored by its fans. The feeling of solitude, of exploring an alien world, of danger lurking in every corner, of fighting against impossible foes, of eventually becoming stronger and stronger until you can sense the fear eminating from your enemies (until of course you find yourself against an even bigger foe!). The game nailed the atmosphere, graphics, music (Phendrana Drifts!), tension, story, and sense of discovery. It just gets everything right. And all you can do is sit back with a controller in your hand, and become Samus Aran. After that, the adventure begins, and it truly never ends, even all these years later.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Loved the boss rush challenge in this game! Well... except for The Imprisoned... I hate that guy.

The wiggly toes always crack me up. xD

But yeah, Koloktos is one of the best Zelda bosses ever. And every Ghirahim (and Demise) fight is a blast. ^_^

CWegzz said:
CWegzz said:
Time to catch up again

15. This is the newest entry in its franchise that had two games released, but not simultaneously, on two different platforms.
14. This is the first game in its franchise to introduce characters from other franchises.
11. "Not a Real 3D Game"

To try and stop the spam, the only one that hasn't been guessed yet is 14 and another hint is that this is the newest entry in the franchise.

Mario Kart 8

#10:
"Levantate, anda y abre la nevera.
Y mira a ver, si te queda mortadela."

Another hint: Critiqued for being a reskin from the previous game, it's still considered as one of the best entries from the franchise, only to be eclipsed by its sequel.

Clyde32 said:
CWegzz said:
CWegzz said:
Time to catch up again

11. "Not a Real 3D Game"

Mario Kart 8

correct

Mr_No said:
#10:
"Levantate, anda y abre la nevera.
Y mira a ver, si te queda mortadela."

Another hint: Critiqued for being a reskin from the previous game, it's still considered as one of the best entries from the franchise, only to be eclipsed by its sequel.

GTA Vice City