By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Clyde32 said:
#14 - A JRPG that was released in the west as a Gamecube exclusive, but was later released on the PS2 in Japan.

Tales of Symphonia?

I mean, it got ported to the PS3 and to PC later on, but it sorta fits..

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Clyde32 said:
#14 - A JRPG that was released in the west as a Gamecube exclusive, but was later released on the PS2 in Japan.

Tales of Symphonia?

I mean, it got ported to the PS3 and to PC later on, but it sorta fits..

Correct.

mZuzek said:
Ok, it's time to finish the spam with a couple hints.

#14 - This platformer was released 25 years after another classic platformer whose name had the same initials.
#13 - "I have scattered the seeds of the future..."

#14 - Super Meat Boy

One of the best PlayStation games and one of the best adventure games in general, 'MediEvil' was a fresh take on the genre and a take we sadly haven't really seen since. The game centers around the fallen knight "Daniel Fortesque", who is hailed as a hero in a past war, but in reality wasn't anything of the sort. When the evil sorcerer Zarok plans to strike again, Fortesque is resurrected to battle his old nemesis, but remains an undead.

The game does not take itself very serious, which is good. There's a lot of slapstick comedy in the way enemies are animated, certain events in cutscenes and in dialogue. The final battle is particularly interesting when antagonist Zarok shows his wizardry skills, or lack thereof. Gameplay-wise the battle is also unique, the first phase for example has the player empower undead allies with bolts of lightning in a sort of field battle instead of fighting any enemy directly.

The rest of the game is equally memorable. The combat remains satisfying and the levels also contain various puzzle sections. Souls of the defeated will be collected in the chalice, which unlocks new and stronger weapons and shields if filled completely. The series remained on the original PlayStation sadly, with a port of the first game to the PSP, but i hope one day there will be a new sequel on a modern console. It deserves to be a trilogy.

Now for a hard one.

This game features beach balls collecting things.

Around the Network
uran10 said:
Hint #13
The third installment in this Spin off RPG finally let's you play as the main antagonist in the main series and his play style is far more enjoyable than the brothers.

Hint #2 The main antagonist in this game was the side kick of the Main antagonist in the 1st game in this series. He is one of the most quotable characters in the Mario universe.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
uran10 said:
Hint #13
The third installment in this Spin off RPG finally let's you play as the main antagonist in the main series and his play style is far more enjoyable than the brothers.

Hint #2 The main antagonist in this game was the side kick of the Main antagonist in the 1st game in this series. He is one of the most quotable characters in the Mario universe.

Bowser's Inside Story.

S.Peelman said:
uran10 said:
uran10 said:
Hint #13

Bowser's Inside Story.

Correct!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Farsala said:

Too niche eh?

15 Hint: This is the 8th game in the series that originated in 1985, the newest entry is coming out next year in 2016.

Hint 2: The series is kind of a spin off from another series that first came out in 1983. The latest game in that franchise came out this year in NA.

Hint 3: Like many games in my list this game came from Koei.

Hint 4: 2nd game in the series to feature officer mode.

To be expected I guess.

The answer is Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII. The 2nd hint refers to Nobunagas Ambition XD.

Time for the third niche game!

14 Hint: Yet another Koei spinoff featuring gameplay similar to Disgaea.

Hint 2: 2nd in series

Hint 3: Unlike other similar games, you can chain attacks together with only one character.

Hint 4: Growth is both army and officer based.

OK, I've done it. I've admitted that I enjoyed Kinect Adventures more than Zelda: Twilight Princess, Fable 2, and Super Mario Brothers Brawl (Wii). Sorry had a great time and enjoyed the challenges.

And it's not even my final Kinect Game in the series. At least one more to go!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!