By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Here's the game #49: A bunch of young socialites get stranded on a beautiful island that hid a lot more than they thought.

Around the Network

#49: Splatoon

Action/Shooter

I had no idea what to expect with Splatoon when it came out earlier this year. To be honest, I wasn't completely sold on the game going in, as I'm not exactly crazy about shooter games. But I had time and money to spare so I bought it and gave it a whirl. What I got was something unexpected, an extraordinarily unique 3rd person shooter that really felt like it was made for me. The single player run was brilliant, resembling the FLUDD-less levels from Super Mario Sunshine in their creativity and design. Plus the final boss is one of the best boss fights I've played in recent memory. And when I got to competitive multiplayer, something that I don't usually flock to, I was once again blown away as to how it felt like it was perfectly catered to me. Months later I've spent more time on this game than any other shooter in the past ten years. And it's easy to see why. Splatoon offered something unique to a genre which felt burnt out. It really is one fresh game!

Mr_No said:
Here's the game #49: A bunch of young socialites get stranded on a beautiful island that hid a lot more than they thought.

Danganronpa 2? (Did I spell that right?) @_@

BasilZero said:

Clue for my #49

Its a time traveling RPG

Tales Of Phantasia

uran10 said:
Hint #48
A sports spin off from a flasgship nintendo franchise.

I'm gonna say Mario Strikers.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Clue for my #49

Its a time traveling RPG

Radiant Historia.

Smeags said:

#50: Heroes of Might & Magic III

Strategy

I honestly forget how I got introduced to Heroes of Might & Magic III. But what I do know is how much this game enthralled me when I did get my hands on that keyboard. I was enamored with the huge world to explore, all while fighting monsters, hunting treasure, and eventurally overcoming your enemies. All this while steadily gathering resources and upgrading your keep for more powerful creatures and defenses. It was a lot to take in at first, but once it clicked, the game became incredibly engaging and fun. My go to was the Necropolis, the bastion of undead might. Skeletons, zombies, vampires, liches, ghost dragons... it was so cool! This game is still a blast to play even today, and it's never a bad time to get lost in the world of Erathia.

Yeees, I loooove this game!!! @_@ It's one of my gaming drugs. Sometimes me and a friend would take on the impossible challenge: Me and him vs all the CPUs on king difficulty and strongest monsters. Ugh, it was so HARD, and soooo much fuun TwT We've done it twice so far, and overall this game is dangerous for me, cuz I can play it aaaaaall daaaaaay. Also, Tower team for me. I love my master gremlins x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Clyde32 said:

Ah I missed a few days. I'll do the hints here.

#50 - This is a spiritual sequel to a 1991 classic.
#49 - The best game from the classic series. It's fast.

#50: Kid Icarus: uprising

Mike321 said:
Clyde32 said:

Ah I missed a few days. I'll do the hints here.

#50 - This is a spiritual sequel to a 1991 classic.
#49 - The best game from the classic series. It's fast.

#50: Kid Icarus: uprising

Nope. 

BraLoD said:
Clyde32 said:

Your 49 is Sonic and Knucles.

(even though my fav is Sonic 2)

Bolded is correct.