By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

#17: Mario Kart 64

Racing

WELCOME TO MARIO KART! And with that moment, I was forever a fan of Mario Kart. Better Mario Kart games have come and gone since Kart 64 came in 1997 (With 8 being the best yet), but Mario Kart 64 is also a game that created so many fond memories. So many battle modes with friends and family, so many shortcuts heard about on the playground, so many secrets that turned out to be a bunch of nothing (Darn you Peach's Royal Raceway! I know you're hiding something!). Mario Kart 64 is an important part of my childhood, and for that I will always cherish this game. Heck, we'll still pop out the ol' N64 and play a few rounds, remembering the good times and forging new memories in the here and now. It's a special game to me, and it always will be.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

Welp yeah, too late for Wii U, but NX is our hope now.

The only reason I even picked up MvC3 was to play as Amaterasu.

Our hunger is real Pavolink. And only Okami Amaterasu, origin of all that is good and mother to us all, can sate that hunger!

Smeags said:

Racing

WELCOME TO MARIO KART! And with that moment, I was forever a fan of Mario Kart. Better Mario Kart games have come and gone since Kart 64 came in 1997 (With 8 being the best yet), but Mario Kart 64 is also a game that created so many fond memories. So many battle modes with friends and family, so many shortcuts heard about on the playground, so many secrets that turned out to be a bunch of nothing (Darn you Peach's Royal Raceway! I know you're hiding something!). Mario Kart 64 is an important part of my childhood, and for that I will always cherish this game. Heck, we'll still pop out the ol' N64 and play a few rounds, remembering the good times and forging new memories in the here and now. It's a special game to me, and it always will be.

My favourite Mario Kart game still play it on virtual console to this day and if i wanted I could even play it on 64.... too much of a pain to get the 64 to start up tho.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Smeags said:

Racing

My favourite Mario Kart game still play it on virtual console to this day and if i wanted I could even play it on 64.... too much of a pain to get the 64 to start up tho.

Why they haven't released in the Wii U VC? It's also my favorite MK ever.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

#16: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS/Wii U

Fighting

I feel that Super Smash Bros. For 3DS/Wii U is a perfection of the vision that Sakurai has for his beloved fighting franchise. Everything has been tweaked and pushed so that we could have the one Smash game to rule them all. 8 Player Smash is insane and utterly brilliant, the online is (nearly... looking at you Mzuzek ;)) lag free and offers a variety of modes to choose from. Sonic is finally my main and a utter blast to play as. And speaking of characters. My goodness. Mega Man? Pac-Man? Ryu? Cloud? BAYONETTA?! Sakurai has been performing miracles of late, and we're all the better for it. It seems perfect that as Smash Content is finally winding down, it finds itself at number 16 in my top games of all time. And the ride's not even over. I still need to get Cloud! So here's a toast to Smash 4, the most Smashing experience in gaming!

Around the Network

Forgot to post but now it´s a good time:

Hint for #18: 3rd game of a RPG spin-off where you control a robot with a personal terminal

Hint for #17: The first and only racing game of a popular nintendo character (is not a monkey)

Hint for #16: Two iconic animated characters travel through time

Hint for #15: A popular cola drink mascot gets it´s own action game

Pavolink said:

Why they haven't released in the Wii U VC? It's also my favorite MK ever.

Looking back with some hindsight, Nintendo actually did a great job with their Wii Virtual Console releases. For some strange reason they've regressed when it's come to the Wii U VC. Hopefully NX will be better.

Hint for #15:

The ~ key is your best friend in this game starring a loud mouthed chosen one.

The 'Uncharted' series was one of the best things to come out of the 7th Generation and some might say it really was the best period. Maybe I am part of that "some". 'Uncharted 2' was the epitome where everything seemed to have fallen right into place and was polished up as far as possible.

The series is undoubtedly inspired by adventure movies and games like Indiana Jones and the original Tomb Raider respectively, but does enough to be unique in it's own right. And that's a good thing. In the second game, protagonist Nathan Drake follows in the footsteps of renaissance explorer Marco Polo and tries to find the mystical city of "Shambala", said to contain countless riches, among which a precious stone. The quest takes Drake through a variety of locales from Istanbul to Borneo to Nepal, all gorgeously portrayed.

After having played the first game, which was already impressive, the second game really took it all the way and made the first game look outdated immediately immediately. Not in a bad way, mind, the first game is wonderful, but I was blown away by every minute of the second game and each level remains memorable like a true classic should be.

This game is home to probably the famous quote in video-game history. If that's not enough, let's just say that the subject of this quote is something for which the same word is used for the larger variety of a container holding wine.

S.Peelman said:
This game is home to probably the famous quote in video-game history. If that's not enough, let's just say that the subject of this quote is something for which the same word is used for the larger variety of a container holding wine.

The first part was enough. Star Fox 64! Do a barrel roll!

Signature goes here!