By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Mike321 said:

Finally the top 20, so many amazing games in my list I need to talk about them, ok here goes:

Hint for #20- Platform game based on the most popular arcade character ever

The main enemies (4 enemies btw) on the arcade game are still around in this game

Hint for #19

You can combine the abilites you get from enemies.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
CWegzz said:
Hint #19: This fighting game was a huge improvement over the previous game in this series, more than doubling the character roster, more than tripling the number of stages, and greatly expanding the single player mode.

Melee?

Correct

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

#18 It released in Japan earlier, and one of them had a different color than the US one.

Mr_No said:
#18 It released in Japan earlier, and one of them had a different color than the US one.

Pokemon Red/Green/Blue

Clyde32 said:
Mr_No said:

Pokemon Red/Green/Blue

Yeah. Blue, actually.

Around the Network

The only fighting game on the list. 'SoulCalibur' is without a doubt the best one in the genre, and with a decent margin at that. It is probably the concept of the game that drew me towards the series initially. Instead of the usual 'martial arts' type of fighting, the characters in this series specialize themselves in weapon proficiency. So the fighting will be done with swords and staffs and a couple of fantasy weapons for the most part.

And that works, gameplay is absolutely excellent here. The game came out during the time in which it was still popular in our family to sit around a console playing local-multiplayer. During the peak of this time, we had entire tournaments. Personally, I was always the character "Nightmare" and I got fairly good at it. It's a time that's pretty nostalgic to me, and a time I wouldn't mind coming back.

Besides the fighting, the game had a fun single-player mode where the player must complete missions through fighting, a concept which still holds up today. It was really a game that turned heads when it came out. In fact, I should credit the game's Dreamcast version as being the game that made the PlayStation 2 'unnecessary'. Graphically, it was years ahead of it's time and caused the newer system seem like it wasn't much of an upgrade over the Dreamcast. And I never got it.

Mike321 said:
Mike321 said:

Finally the top 20, so many amazing games in my list I need to talk about them, ok here goes:

Hint for #20- Platform game based on the most popular arcade character ever

The main enemies (4 enemies btw) on the arcade game are still around in this game

Hint for #19

20) Pacman?

19) Kirby?

Not really sure :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Next is a difficult game to guess for a lot of you here, because it's exclusive to Europe.

"[The country] is entirely occupied. Well, not entirely. One small village still holds out against the invaders. And life is not easy for [the garrisons in the forts surrounding it]."

S.Peelman said:
Next is a difficult game to guess for a lot of you here, because it's exclusive to Europe.

"[The country] is entirely occupied. Well, not entirely. One small village still holds out against the invaders. And life is not easy for [the garrisons in the forts surrounding it]."

Asterix & Obelix (that part was easy): Kick Buttix (was the best thing I got from a VGC game database search....)?

Platina said:
Mike321 said:

Hint for #19

20) Pacman?

19) Kirby?

Not really sure :p

You are right, I´m pretty sure now you can name both games