By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

'Pokémon Blue Version' is a very special game for me in various of ways. Not in the least part because it is just a very good game. One of the few role playing games that I liked over the years, and technically, probably the only 'jRPG', but I guess that depends on your definition of the genre.

The game was a phenomenon. People would say Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto today, are big. No, Pokémon, that was big. Everything lived and breathed Pokémon back in the day. This is the only game ever which I know was big with literally everyone, and everyone played it. Gamer of not, it was everywhere and on everything. The fact that the franchise is still big today, is testament to how big it once was. My friends played it as well, and we played and talked about it all the time. It was the talk of the playground day in, day out.

This game also ties into a strong memory about my late dog. When he was young, and I was young, I left my GameBoy Color laying around with Pokémon Blue inside and 'The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening' in the case. Being a dog with a tough character back then, he proceeded to try to eat said GameBoy. With GameBoy's being indestructible, it of course still worked, though the screen was replaced because it had a line of dead pixels. My Link's Awakening cartridge was completely shattered, because being in the case it was on the front line. Pokémon Blue however has a big hole where his tooth sank in, but still worked perfectly. It does to this day. That cartridge is now forever a tangible memory of that dog and a big piece of my childhood.

Around the Network

Gotta have to post that one half a day early, so you have one-and-a-half day to guess the next one, how nice is that! This also means my triple post spam is now at an end, sorry about that;

A cheat code either netted you a lot of money from a rather shady character, or a nice castle to beautify your city!

I can turn into a painting and walk along walls in this form

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

CWegzz said:
CWegzz said:
Hint #28: This direct sequel to another game is primarily set in Rome.

Hint 2:  It took place in the Renaissance as well.

Isn't it Assassin's Creed 2?

Okay, hint 26.

Play as the role of a doctor, save lives, and draw weird symbols to gain the power to slow down time.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Gotta catch up!

Clues for #28, 27 and 26

1. Puzzle pieces and honeycombs
2. All the worlds are connected to each other and have passageways unlike its first game
3. This game was re-released amongst other games on a current gen platform

Banjo Kazooie?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Mr_No said:
CWegzz said:
CWegzz said:
Hint #28: This direct sequel to another game is primarily set in Rome.

Hint 2:  It took place in the Renaissance as well.

Isn't it Assassin's Creed 2?

Very close, but Assassin's Creed II does not take place primarily in Rome.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

BasilZero said:
Cloudman said:

Banjo Kazooie?

Wrong game right franchsie l0l

Banjo Kazooie was already on my list earlier ;p

Tooie then? o:

Dance my pretties!

uran10 said:
I can turn into a painting and walk along walls in this form

The Legend of Zelda:  A Link Between Worlds

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

BasilZero said:
Cloudman said:

Tooie then? o:

Yes - now guess the rest ;o!

You should know the other two as well!

1. This game will have a total of 8 different versions before the end of this generation
2. This game will have two versions on one particular platform in the future but already has two versions on another platform
3. This game originated on the PS1 but its franchise originated on the NES
4. The game begins in a city/town name originally from Norse Mythology

1. This game is a direct sequel to a 7th gen platform game
2. This game was re-released digitally on a current gen platform alongside another well known franchise
3. This game involves space travel but not in the way many would expect it to be
4. The main protagonist has his own spaceship in the form of a "World".

28. Final Fantasy 7..?

26. Mario Galaxy 2?

Dance my pretties!