By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New "sony bend studio" project at psx 2015 ?

I don't know if it means somthing, eric jensen (senior game designer of bend studio) has posted on twitter that he booked the hotel for psx, and say's that's happening...big announcement at psx 2015??

Hotel booked for . It's happening.

Around the Network

Cool topic name.

Nice info, really like Sony Bend. They made a very good Uncharted and tried hard to make another Vita game, such a pity Sony turned it down I'm sure their game is going to be great I expect them to grow into fame and imporance quite fast.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

About time!

I have been waiting for this for some time

BasilZero said:
Syphon Filter reboot!?

nop.

new open world horror game. 

honestly id love to see them making an announcement at PSX. but one has to really wonder, what the hell would they have left to announce at E3 next year?!

Around the Network
twintail said:
Sony Bend and Santa Monica?

I guess no big SCEJ game (though smaller one like Wild Arms possible).

Would love to see a jrpg, a trailer of a new wild arms or the new level5 game would be great

bananaking21 said:
honestly id love to see them making an announcement at PSX. but one has to really wonder, what the hell would they have left to announce at E3 next year?!

If Sony Santa Monica isn't at PSX then you have them and Sucker Punch next game. Maybe Naughty Dog secret game cause its after uncharted coming out. Also that rumored Level 5 game lol.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
bananaking21 said:

If Sony Santa Monica isn't at PSX then you have them and Sucker Punch next game. Maybe Naughty Dog secret game cause its after uncharted coming out. Also that rumored Level 5 game lol.

SSM said they would have a much bigger presence at this PSX than the last. so its most likely GoW will be announced there. if they announced Sony Bends game that means that they would only have Sucker Punches new PS4 game to announce at E3. at least, of games we know exist that are being developed.

bananaking21 said:
SnakeDrake said:

SSM said they would have a much bigger presence at this PSX than the last. so its most likely GoW will be announced there. if they announced Sony Bends game that means that they would only have Sucker Punches new PS4 game to announce at E3. at least, of games we know exist that are being developed.

New announcements I´d say for sure Sucker Punch and Bloodborne 2 or whatever next From exclusive is.

bananaking21 said:

Bend's game could be the big Sony announcement for PSX and get a significant amount of stage time.

Sucker Punch may wait until E3 to announce their next game. Santa Monica could be officially announcing their next game at E3, though they may have more than God of War 4 or whatever it's called, so maybe they announce one game at PSX and the next at E3 2016.

London Studio are still Sony's second biggest studio after Japan and yet they didn't release a single big game all of last gen, obviously they announced The Getaway and Eight Days at the beginning of the 7th gen, but they were both placed on hold, so maybe both are now PS4 games or the studio's moved on to a few other big things, along with developing The London Heist for Playstation VR.

Pixel Opus started out as a small studio, but they've been quiet since E3 2014 and they may have expanded.

North West were the new VR dedicated studio, perhaps they could have something to announce.

Japan are rumored to have a few things in the works besides The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2, one rumored to be a huge Final Fantasy style game, that will appeal to a global audience, then there's the potential for other collaborative projects with Japanese 2nd or 3rd party studios.

Evolution could be working on something else besides Driveclub DLC, perhaps they'll have something to announce at E3 2016 or a later event, like a Motorstorm for PS4.

Ready at Dawn are known to have a few titles in development, one could be a PS4 exclusive (perhaps a sequel to The Order 1886).

A Bloodborne sequel seems like a given at this point, given the success of the 1st game and positive reviews.

Kaz did say that GT7 would be out before 2017, maybe Sport will build into 7 and that could be handled at E3.

Insomniac Games has another team (the guys that made Sunset Overdrive), maybe they're over a year into developing the studios 3rd game, could be another PS4 exclusive.

Square Enix are supposed to have a bunch of PS4 games in development, so maybe some surprises could be announced at different events, including E3.

Supermassive Games likely have a new exclusive they're developing besides Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.

After Uncharted 4 releases Naughty Dog will no doubt flip over to developing their next game, which could potentially be ready announce at PSX 2016 or the Video Game Awards that year, maybe they'll announce early at E3 or they could just cover Uncharted 4 DLC.

Maybe with all of the outstanding games to be released Sony will pull back at E3 and leave announcements for Gamescom. Maybe PSX will only really be about Bend's game, since they're more of a studio that the core Sony audience are aware of. PSX could be more abou Sony updating on their big 2016 games and they'll leave many other things for 2016 events.

There's a lot of potential passed PSX and seamingly too much for Sony to cover at this one new event.