By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider impressions (no spoilers)

Breaking from the game since my gf should be home at any moment. Might not get to play for a couple of days (damn job. I have a good mind to quit....). Roughly two and a half hours of play

Pros:
Graphics... most of the time
Puzzles
Haven't actually killed anyone yet
Set pieces and Qte don't hold your hand (you have to think on your feet)
Crafting of weapons and healing items (no more "auto heal"

Cons:
Some waaaay over the top dramatic acting
Apparently going to be a lot of fetch quests/scavenger hunts
Graphics.. some times. I encountered some definitely last gen stuff mixed in

After an amazing intro, the game is beginning to feel like the first part of TR 2013. Personally, I loved that game enough to own it on every console it released on. It may be good news to some, bad news for others. The pacing is way slower with a focus on exploration so if your into "all action, all the time" you may be turned off. It's definitely a different beast than the Uncharted games released so far so, if U4 follows the earlier games, both it and RoTR should coexist nicely as two sides of a coin.

For me, this is the best game I've played this year but my tastes are pretty unique sometimes. I skipped a lot of games people love like Halo, Bloodborne, Fallout, and Black Ops 3.  Oh and Batman started off great only to fall apart (for me). Hope this game doesn't do the same.

Hope that helps ya, Fox!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
NiKKoM said:
We need to know about the more important things: does Lara at any point wear a wet tshirt?

Yes. And her booty after she gets wet ( after swimming) is magnifique!

Damn spoilers. :(

Sounds fantastic. Really looking forward to playing this game eventually, since I loved the reboot.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

d21lewis said:

Second off, it feels like Tomb Raider.  That feeling of isolation. That feeling of awe.  The HUGE environments. They're all here. 

That's a big surprise for me. I was under impression that it will be Reboot 1.5 and hence was not interested at all until now.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Love the reboot so happy to hear it doesn't stray too far from the 2013 game. Hope this game turns out to be a commercial success this time.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!