By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think you have to do to get to Heaven?

kazadoom said:
Billions of years - Not science plus the earth was created with age
Noah's ark - http://www.noahsark-naxuan.com/1.htm
Dinosaurs - mentioned in the Bible in Job 40 and 41 (bohemoth and leviathon) They lived with humans, and dragons are also mentioned in scripture
  im sorry kazadoom, im religious myself but to say that the earth was created with age is something that just screams at reason as just not right. You´re telling me God who made all this laws of physics, all this chemical elements and gave us reason to study it and understand it, would just "cheat" and create something that would go against all the laws of physics and chemistry that He created? Im sorry but i feel like you take a much too literal interpretation of the Old Testament and when science comes along and says something completely different you try to create scenarios in your head that would fit it both. Again, i say i am religous too, and there is no problem in seeing that the Earth is billions of years old and humans and dinosaurs did not coexist and still believe in the Bible.

P.S. - You mention the Behemot in Job 40. How is that a dinosaur? I read the passage in english (my first language is Portuguese) and the behemoth is described as a big animal. How do you get dinosaur from that?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network
kazadoom said:
I have a College degree in Religion and once again you come at me in generalities. Your mom was right and you should have listened to her. Tons of places? name 1. Were not intended to be bound together? says who? passages knows to be added? where is your proof. You do not have to answer these and that is fine, but you cannot blast me and then come at me with meaningless backless points that are pulled out of the air and then say you are not going to continue this anymore. If you have all this studying, then surely you can answer your own claims.

Sorry, but now I'm calling bullshit.  Believe whatever you want, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a degree in religion without knowing what superchunk was just talking about.  "Name 1."  "Says who?"  "Where's proof?"  Those questions would have been answered in your college courses, if you took any.  And they're also very unprofessional questions coming from somebody who claims to have a degree in the subject.

I too have a degree in religion, and my degree says your degree is stupid and that you have no evidence.  ::sticks out tongue::  Neener neener neener.

Wait, did you go to school online or something?  What school is this?  What is the exact name of your degree and what were some of your courses?  Did you need to write a thesis for this degree?  What's your area of expertise?  When you say "Religion," what religions are you referring to?  Can we discuss other philosophies of the meaning of life, existence, what happens when we die, what exactly is a soul, reincarnation or other cyclical views of souls or time?  What did you study and where?

His tail was like that of a Cedar tree. Name an animal with a tail like that.
As far as creating the Earth with age. Did got create Trees as acorns or as trees. That is what I mean. When the Earth was created, it was created with age already. It was not created with animals as babies or eggs, plants as seeds, trees as acorns. This does not defy anything.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

@kazadoom

So you think it's ok to kill anyone who preaches a religion other than Judaism/Christianity/Islam?

Deuteronomy 13:1-10
If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

The short version: If anyone tries to convert you to a different religion, kill them.

kazadoom said:
I have a College degree in Religion and once again you come at me in generalities. Your mom was right and you should have listened to her. Tons of places? name 1. Were not intended to be bound together? says who? passages knows to be added? where is your proof. You do not have to answer these and that is fine, but you cannot blast me and then come at me with meaningless backless points that are pulled out of the air and then say you are not going to continue this anymore. If you have all this studying, then surely you can answer your own claims.

Ok fine.

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 JOHN 5:7 KJV)"

This verse has been removed from all modern bibles save maybe the garbage translation that is known as KJV. This is because it does not exist in ANY scripture pre the 4 century(? could be off on this). It is universally agreed by biblical scholars and historians as an obvious additon to prove the idea of trinity. This is in fact the only single verse in the entire bible to push the trinity idea. There are others that suggest it, but this is the only place it is diretly spelled out as 3 in 1.

Here is one. If you really want a list I can provide that as well. Also, I don't believe you have a degree in "Religion" as for one it would be called Theology and two you have made way too many ignorant statements about Muslims and Christianity as a whole. What college did this "degree" come from?

My classes are all from either Pima Community College or the University of Arizona. Both highly accredited and secular.

Around the Network

I have a Bachelors of Science in Religion with a concentration of Biblical Studies for Liberty University. I graduate Cum Laude. Am I to believe that the way you talk Ghost is an example of someone with a degree?

www.goodpersontest.com

Maybe god created the earth 5 minutes ago, he created this thread, us and all the thoughts in our heads and all our memories 5 minutes ago just to play a major mind fuck on us all.

Paul said:
Maybe god created the earth 5 minutes ago, he created this thread, us and all the thoughts in our heads and all our memories 5 minutes ago just to play a major mind fuck on us all.

The best part is that any minute now, he's going to pop out and yell "PUNK'D!" at all of us.

Personally, I can't wait. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

As for 1 John 5:7 if you really care. Here is a great research paper done on the subject SuperChunk.

http://www.fpgm.org/PDF%20Documents/IJohn5.7.pdf

www.goodpersontest.com

kazadoom said:
I have a Bachelors of Science in Religion with a concentration of Biblical Studies for Liberty University. I graduate Cum Laude. Am I to believe that the way you talk Ghost is an example of someone with a degree?

Founded in 1971, LU is an independent, fundamentalist Baptist university located in Lynchburg, Virginia.

My point proven. Your degree in "Religion" is obviously biased when it came to history of Christianity and the bible.