By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The End Is In Sight! VGC Let's Play: Tales Of Symphonia!

S. Chapter | [1] [2] [3] [4: Fakers, Scammers and Chocolat]     

Ugh, Fakers
Taking a ferry from Izoold, we enter the port town Palmacosta. Colette never fails to deliver, and accidentally breaks a potion carried by someone and we are forced to repay them. After we buy them the potion they want, we then find out that were actually impersonating us and stole the book that we need. Really wish we could fight them as an optional boss to teach them a lesson, but that never happens D:

Ugh, Scammers..
They give it to an old man at a checkpoint who demands a special statue to take a look at the book. To make things worse, he also demands for 1 Million Gald to get a pass to proceed through the checkpoint. Well, we go on an errand to get the statue and he allows us to read the book. Even though I kept my gald with the New Game+, I still don’t have 1 Million Gald :/

Ugh, Chocolat..

Well, we don’t have the pass so we help the Palmacosta Governor to infiltrate the Palmacosta Ranch, where they take people as slaves and turn them into exspheres. However, we learn that the Governor is in cahoots with the Desians and set up a trap to kill us! This dungeon is a bit annoying, especially if you don’t know what you are doing. After you grab 3 keycards to access the teleporter, you have to go through a number of teleporters, which you must go in the right order for at least 5 times in a row. Going through the wrong one will teleport you to a random floor and you will easily be lost. It wasn’t until my 3rd run until I found out how you actually do this properly (my previous runs consists of me randomly picking a set of teleporters and hoping for the best). We still proceed though and are successful in destroying the ranch, as well as their leader, Magnius. He isn’t overly difficult with the same old formula; take out his henchmen and take him out afterwards. He dies and an annoying person named Chocolat refuses to be free and would rather be captured. We should just let her do as she pleases, honestly :p

Ugh, No More!
Next, we head to Thoda Geyser to unlock our next seal. This is a water dungeon, which is also rather straightforward dungeon, and we fight the boss, which is really similar to the fire seal’s boss. Exploit the lightning weakness by spamming Spark Wave, and the boss doesn’t stand a chance

Now we head back to Palmacosta to report our good work...!

Recap:
Fakers, Scammers and Chocolat annoy you as you destroy a human ranch and unlock the next seal

Duration: ~ 1 hour

Favourite Song: Full Force

Main Character Used: Raine

Button Binding
B: Photon
Side-B: Sharpness
Down-B: Resurrection
Up-B: Ray
Up-C: First Aid
Down-C: Nurse

Unison Attacks Explained:

During battle, you can charge up the Unison Attack Bar when you attack and combos help increase it at a faster pace. When it is filled, you can press the Z button, and if the hit lands, you can proceed with Unison Attack
During this time, you will have a limited time for each character in your party to use an offensive arte once (with exceptions to Summons) while the enemy is vulnerable.

This is the time to use your most expensive TP costing moves, as well as the ones that have the most hits

Not only this, but if you use specific artes of the same level, you can also combine Unison Attacks for a final Compound move. This only activates once!
My personal favourite is Prism Stars: Level 3 T-Arte (Indignation or Cyclone) [Genis] + Level 3 Ray [Raine]. This moves gives a lot of hits and is extremely useful for dealing damage

[Next]

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

So, when are we going to do a let´s play of final fantasy: crystal chronicles? Or I´m the only one that loves that game (yes I am)?

Anyways I just downloaded the iso of this game so I can play it on dolphin, but due to my backlog of games I won´t be able to catch up with you, but you guys are doing a great job reading your logs make me want to play this game.

Mike321 said:
So, when are we going to do a let´s play of final fantasy: crystal chronicles? Or I´m the only one that loves that game (yes I am)?

Anyways I just downloaded the iso of this game so I can play it on dolphin, but due to my backlog of games I won´t be able to catch up with you, but you guys are doing a great job reading your logs make me want to play this game.

You know our progress is actually very slow so you could probably catch up :-p

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Cloud's Log: Day 5

Before I begin, I just want to say some of my feelings reflect Plat's, but even more anger induced. Yes. Chocolat is a dumb hoe that needs to be SLAPPED. Stupid girl, it's not my fault your grannie died. It's the DESIANS who did it. We TRIED TO HELP. Yet you go with them to be taken prisioner. Girl, next time I see you, Imma slap you so HARD! D:< Also, F the maze in the human ranch.

Now, let's begin...

The Adventures of the INFERIOR BEINGS: The Human Ranch and the Stupid Maze... 

Last time, we stopped outside the human ranch, but now, we're busting in, right thru the front door! Serious, that's what we do. We nonchalantly walk in and beat up the guards. Who does that?! Anyways, we enter the ranch, and find a new mechanic for the sorcerer's ring, or something... When you use yor ring, it makes the room green, and you can now see hidden items! They sparkle like items in Resident Evil x ) Anyways, you need to find 3 key cards to advance to Magnius and save Chocolat Bar.

So, there are some rooms riddled with guards and some hidden items. The issue is, when you use the ring, you can't seen enemies, so you may get interrupted when you're trying to get an item by an enemy you can't see. The ranch is easy for the most part: Loot the rooms for items and kill the baddies. There is one room that has a puzzle regarding bridges. You use the ring, turn on switches, and can get some items. You also have to push blocks as well. However, once you finish this room, besure to turn off all the bridges. This will let you get something later on.

So you get the 3 key cards from 3 rooms, and use them to start the next crappy part: The Maze...

So, for whatever reason, they decided to add a maze here. You are placed in a room with 4 sides and some teleporters. You have to pick the correct order to reach the end. Simple right? While HAVING TO FIGHT GUARDS TOO. So each room usually has 2 guards, so you have to fight them usually while doing the maze. Also, there are rooms with treasures as well, and we all like treasures, right? Do a correct order, and you get access to the bridge puzzle room, but in the center, but in the end, it's pointless. It only has a panacea bottle. So just skip it...

Forgot to mention, some of the sparkleys are traps that trigger fights, so becareful with the shines here. Soom you learn which ones are traps, so don't get all of them. This is only for the maze though.

I got stuck on this for so long, I wanted to lose my head. I had to fight so much, the phrases "INFERIOR BEEINGS..." and "I lost... to INFERIOR BEINGS" are burned into my mind forever... Eventually I reach Chocolat Shake, who I save, and she takes me to Magnius. We meet the boss, and he reveals that Marbel, the old woman in the beginning who EXPLODED and DIED, was Chocolat Ice Cream's Gran Gran, and she is maaaad. She goes to the guards, saying "I don't want to saved by YOU, my Gran Gran's murderers" Dumb garden hoe T_T

So I fight Magnius, who was rather easy, free the slaves, and blow up the ranch. kab00m!!!! Thus ending this section, and leaving an annoying pain in my heart. Chocolat Bunny, I hate you...

Dorr, Actually a Cat's Sliding Door, a Dark Turn, and Bitter Tears

So after that is done, I go back to Palmacosta to report to Dorrmat, the govna' of Palma. No one is in his office, and we now have access to the jail room o_o So we go in, and surprise, Dorrbell is working with the Desians. Oh nooooo O: Well, it is for good reason. His wife is not dead, but actually turned into a monster, just like Marbles. So to save her, he is working with the desians for a cure. The problem is... There is no cure. Dorrhandle's wife is doomed to be a monster, and his daughter is a monster too. The real daughter is dead. SlidingDorr has a rough life huh...

Anyways, he gets stabbed in the back, and his daughter is a creepy purple monster and you FIGHT.

After thaaat, she releases Dorrlock's wife, Lloyd is going to fight her, but Collette says no, and the monster goes... Somewheeere...???

Dorrbell's Wife: "Well... Gonna go somewhere..."

Anyways, Dorr Nock Nock dies, and we move on... to the GEYSER.

The Hot Geyser, The Jumpin' Lloyd Flash, and the One Room Temple.

So I reach the geyser: the location of the water temple and the spiritua statue. You need the 2nd for the old man back at the peak. So here is another mini game. You have to hop on icicles following Genis's calls. Mess up 3 times and you're doing it again. But it is easy, so once is likely all you need. So I got the statue, yay!!! Anyways, the water temple is here, and we go inside. I am ready for a long, annoying time, but... This is actually short. There are some enemies and you get a new mechanic for your ring, a water squirter...

Anyways, this temple is so short... There is only one puzzle, with torches and scales to put water in. Once you solve this puzzle, you're already set to fight the boss. And it is very easy, and just backtracking. Even then, there are like... 4-5 rooms in total? So yeah, it's easy, and fast. The boss is kinda hard, but nothing I couldn't handle. Anyways, I finish the temple, Collette gets sick again, we camp out in a forest... not on the island...??? And then we're back... to the island...? I dunno, this was a weird sequence.

And that's the eeeeeeeeend... of this session! Next time, on to new grounds!!! x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloud's Log: Day 6

Heya, Cloud here with another log on the Tales of Symphonia playthru series! x ) These are going smoothly, so I have another report to make. Last time, we took on a human ranch, watch a sliding cat Dorr mayor have the worst day ever, and did a short temple. That just about covers this areas of the world. Time to tie up some loose ends and move on to the next part of the game!

Let's get started...

The Greedy, Yet Kind Old Man, the New Area, Wondering, and the City of Ruins

So after completing the water temple, I pretty much completed everything I needed to do in this section of the game, except for one thing: Giving the stupid old man the Spiritua Statue. Lucky for us, we need to go there anyways. So we reach the Hako-something Peak and check on the old man. We give him the statue, and he lets us LOOK at the book, which looks like... a blue clam shell...? Anyways, it displays an angel language, which I guess Collette can read..??? We find out about the remaining seals, which is wind, the Tower of Salvation, and a mystery one. Well, okay... After we use it, the old man has a change of heart and lets us LOOK at it whenever we like. This man has a heart of gold, I tell ya...

Next, with the pass we earned, we cross to the other side. Yay!

On the other side is well... much of the same, greeny foresty mountainy areas, but with some new enemies of course. One of them is apparently strong, since my team often comments on how dangerous the dragon rider enemy is, but I kill him anyways x ) I begin to explore every piece of the land, crossing to this island hoping to find some treasure, but it's just ruins which I can do nothing with at the moment. So I leave again, in search of riches. Instead, I find a town called Asgard, the City of Ruins. This place has an interesting design, with many homes being made into the walls of the mountains. That's pretty cool. It reminds me of the homes I would make in Minecraft...

Aside from that, there are also rooms with old historical markings and drawings. sort of like cave writings. Before I move on, I buy my gear and do some upgrading, some which I use my GRADE to get necessary material (I feel Plat is cringing at me for using GRADE on something like this, but who cares! I want the better gear!) Now fully geared, I explore every house and talk to every neighbor, doing the usual RPG gaming sin: raiding people's homes!! Honestly, I just want to find the Wonder Chef... Also, this town has 3 Inns. Why~~~...????

After I finish that, I move on to the next part of the game!

The Old Ruins, Raine's Lesson and the Bomb Squad, and Monster Bringing Dance!

The biggest draw to this town are the ruins at the top of the town. A ritual is performed there to ease the wing spirit, by SACRIFICING SOMEONE TO THE BEAST. Our team checks this are out, with Raine letting loose the Archeological Maniac in her. She goes off about the history behind it, Collette asks her to repeat it, over, and over, and over and over again... And well, Genis and Kratos just stand there. At this point you can move around, and behind the ruins are 2 clowns trying to blow it up! Lloyd finds out, and to their dismay, so does Raine, who kicks the 2 trouble makers several times, even when it was her fault the boom was activated. I swear, this game feels more like a comedy sometimes...

The town sage comes in and tells us to leave, saying another researcher caused the wind spirit to become angry. We also hear someone will be sacrificed soon too. So we decide to look into it, and find out the 2 bomber men's friend is going to be sacrificed! Raine steps in and decides to do it herself. Everyone reluctantly agrees and Raine performs the ritual, in a cute outfit too : D She does the dance, and out comes the monster! We jump in in heroic fashion and kill the beast. We are reward with a stone tablet and the thanks of the people.

Now pleased, the 2 previous men come and give thanks too on saving their friend. One of them turns out to be the researcher, which Raine goes with to decipher the stone tablet. The next day, we find out the ruins I was at before is the next destination. So we gear up and leave the town!

The Mausoleum: The Wind Temple

So, my team makes haste to the Mausoleum, the next temple. There, we use the tablet and the hand print of Collette to open the door, and we go in...

...And that's the end of this session! Feels kinda short huh x ) Well, next time, I'm sure we'll clear it and them some. See ya then!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

You raise a good point Cloudy. Where Oh where is the Wonder Chef in Asgard? I couldn't see him anywhere.

Just for clarity for those who don't know, you can cook freely after battles or on the field which restores a portion of your hp if you have the ingredients. The Wonder Chef gives you a new recipe to use

Conegamer said:
You raise a good point Cloudy. Where Oh where is the Wonder Chef in Asgard? I couldn't see him anywhere.

Just for clarity for those who don't know, you can cook freely after battles or on the field which restores a portion of your hp if you have the ingredients. The Wonder Chef gives you a new recipe to use

Oh, I found him. I'm just not saying where x )

Dance my pretties!

Conegamer said:

I honestly can't help you with wonder chefs..

I got them on my first 2 runs and kept them with the grade shop since so I honestly don't remember where they are :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Cloud's Log: Day 7

Heya, Cloudy here again with a new update on the Symphonic Adventure x ) This time, we take on the wind temple, but before we do that, a certain shiny platinum bird whispered something in my ear, "Go to the town of bridges.." Seeing how the bird is a shiny plat one, Imma listen to it.. x ) So...

let's-a go!

Follow the Words of the Shiny Bird!

So, the original plan was to go into the Mausoleum and take on the Wind Temple, but then, I got some words from a bird... "Highly recommend you go to the next town first". So... I went and did that!!! But first I explored the land a bit, where I found a forest, which has a unicorn in it! :O But sadly it is trapped in a lake under rubble. I cannot help it, so I must leave it there in the lake, alone, without a sweater... : ( Sorry buddy, maybe next time. I need a summoner, so I should note that down...

Moving on, I also found a secret conversation between Lloyd and Raine, but that was about it...

I got to the town in the North, The City of Hope: Luin! You know, for a city of hope, Luin sounds like a sad name, almost like.... O:

So anyway, I check the town, buy a few things, and explore every house and person. Nothing (except the Wonder Chef). Stupid bird lied to me, except when I went to the area with a fountain...

There stood our friendly Ninja girl, playing with kids! Aw, I knew she wasn't a bad gal x ) Anyways, you get to converse with her, choosing to say "You're actually a nice person!" or "You're kind of cute". I went with the 2nd 1st choice of course! x ) I guess that is for some side quest or something...

Anyways, that does it for that. Well, thanks shiny Platinum bird o: Hope to hear from ya again...

The Real Deal: The Wind Temple!

So I make my way back to the Wind Temple, where I... go in! O: I am greeted with blowing wind, and a lot of traps. This temple revolves around one puzzle at the end, and you gather the clues in this main area. You turn off blowing wind with blocks, light torches, and read hints. You also fight monsters, get treasure, and avoid traps, like floor spikes and moving wall spikes, trying to kill you like a side subway Jill sandwich. The floor ones are hard to dodge too, so I took a lot of pain.

By the time I reached the end, I had all the clues I needed. The puzzle revolves around 5 fans. Red, green, white, yellow, and a big blue one in the center (F-Zero ref!) Use the sorcerer's ring (now a wind ring) and blow them in the right order, to open the door to the boss! There are also 2 treasures in the room, so you can try to get those too.

Of course I cheated and looked them up went thru the effor to figure out the puzzle, and got the items and door open. The boss greeted me, where we fought and won. Collette got more powers and we decide to leave, until....

The Clumsy Ninja Would Like to Battle! Angel Toxicosis, and Collette's Startling Secret!

Sheena the ninja returns, demanding a rematch. Oh yeah, she snuck in by the end of the temple. So we fight and beat her too. She ponders why she can't beat us, saying if we complete our goal, her town will be destroyed! Wait, aren't we the good guys for trying to regenerate the world...? o: Oh no, conflict! So we leave the temple, and Collette is feeling ill again. The after affects of Collette's new powers makes her sick, so we set up camp of course.

Later that night, Lloyd decided to talk to Collette, giving her hot coffee and tells Collette to be careful, which she grabs and replies,

"Oh yeah, it sure is hot." To which Lloyd replies,

"Actually, I lied, it's cold. I asked Genis to make it cold," and Collette responds,

"Oh, right! It's cold!" and Lloyd replies again,

"Actually, I lied again, it's really hot."

And that's when it hits everyone. Collette can no longer feel things. She bleeding a lot before, and didn't react at all. Not only that, she can't sleep or taste food either. Wow, it must suck for her. At least she can hear better x ) At this rate, she is going to become... O: Not saying anything... x ) However, we decide not to tell anyone, at Collette's request.

The City of Ruin, and the Human Ranch...Again...

So with Collette 'better', we head to the town we were at before, but now it is completely destroyed...

Now named the City of Ruin, Luin is in shambles. (That's the joke..!)  Well, it's a good thing I came before. Thanks shiny bird!!! O: Everything and everyone is about gone, except for...

Enter the ninja girl, who is injured. We are about to help her, much to Raine's distrust, but then, Dorrmat's monster wife shows up and attacks the village! Thank goodness for that uh... secret exit in the jail cells! O:

Sheena tries to fight her off, but is too injured. Collette comes in, tells her to stop, gets slapped, and then... goes away I guess..? This game is sometimes poor at conveying things, like where the hell happened to the monster wife...

So after all that, we help Sheena and she asks us a favor O: She tells us the villagers were taken to the human ranch, and since they were kind to her, she wants to help them and asks for our help to. I decide to help, while Raine is against it. Man, Raine is such a stick in the mud... x )

So, we join with Sheena, and she is a new party member!!!

Imagine Raine as the middle one.. x )

So we reach the human ranch, and... end it there.

Thanks the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend! See ya next time x )

Dance my pretties!

Part 4: The Long Walk

So after a few more scenes in Palmacosta, we get control and set our sights on the Hakonesia Pass, far to the North. First thing's first though, we have a bit of an explore around the city and get some new gear, as well as stumble upon a quiz for school entry which grants Genis with a new title.

All explored, time for the long walk north. Several skits play and unfold along the way, our little Lloyd is getting quite strong now! It's a looong way and whilst the boss theme is quite upbeat, sadly, the camera still remains a thorn in my side and one which is unlikely to be resolved. A quick shoutout for some of the enemy designs here though, I particularly like the attacking group of a mage, an archer and a warrior, and we eventually get to the peak.

Unfortunately...we can't go any further and the cost of entry is too steep, so we need to head back to Palmacosta where commotion is happening. A looong walk back to see some scenes, make enemies and then it's back north to the Human Ranch to save a kidnapped citygoer.

Ofcourse, when you get there an option is presented where you can either head back to Palmacosta or continue on. I choose the former, so a third visit to Palmacosta to talk to the mayor leads to some story moments, and an unexpected (yet easy) boss fight! Now, armed with motive and a keycard we can return to the Ranch.

When in the ranch, a puzzle or two form where you need to push hidden blocks into place and also use particular teleporters to ascend the tower. Now, the first one I get. The second one though? Eh...not so sure. Perhaps with a fair heap of luck we arrive at the top and save the day by defeating the boss...aside from the woman who was kidnapped in the first place. No doubt she will return!

Apparently the aim of the game is world regeneration so the next stop is the Geyser. A trip in a washtub (yes, a washtub) and a quick minigame later, we're in to what has to be the world's shortest dungeon. Aside from the fact I didn't realize you needed to use the block to jam the door open...whoops!

Boss fight, boss dispatched and a strange sequence which doesn't make sense at a campsite later, and we're done for this update. Next stop is back through the pass to the far north, and if it sounds like there's a lot of walking and doing nothing here that's because there is