By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What franchise gives you more of a rush? Mission Impossible or James Bond?

Which is your favorite?

Tom Cruise and his Impossible franchise 15 40.54%

James Bond and his band of Bonds 22 59.46%

Other.....Fast and the Fu... 0 0%

Total:37

I don't know about rush. But to me, the MI series at least is still consistent. It's still had Cruise as Ethan Hunt, the whole time. I realize the movies were originally loosely based on the old TV show (which I have seen). But in the mythology of the movie series, Ethan Hunt is Tom Cruise. I would not want to see another actor try to portray Ethan Hunt. I would be okay with, for example, Jeremy Renner's character of Will Brandt "Taking over the series" eventually, as the main IMF operative it focuses on, as has been lightly hinted. Otherwise, put the series to bed when Cruise is too old to do it anymore.

I think that is the disconnect for me, with the Bond films. Connery was so awesome, and cerebral, and iconic, as Bond. He WAS James Bond. And then Roger Moore took over, and he was still okay, but his stories (to me) weren't as interesting, and his Bond wasn't as compelling. And then you just get on down the procession line of Bond actors. And to me it just felt like it got more watered down. I somewhat liked Goldeneye when it first released, but I didn't care for any of the other Brosnan films, and even with Goldeneye, while the PLOT was interesting, he really didn't "feel like Bond". I saw the first two Daniel Craig movies, and I just wasn't feeling it. It felt like he was, more than ever, the generic "Action Movie Hero" James Bond. Whereas the old portrayals of Bond focused more on his cunning and abilities as a spy, not so much just his ability to shoot guys and blow shit up.

I think that they really should have just stopped with the Bond films a long time ago. They did, after all, adapt all of the Fleming novels by the 80s.

Around the Network

I've only seen a couple from each series, but from what I've seen, 007 takes it for me.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

MI. James Bond is mostly a goofy SOB.