By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Three Fable 2-compatible games coming to XBLA

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=185042

Xbox Live Arcade games Mage Dice, Wizard's Tower and Keystone will be tied into Fable 2, giving players the opportunity to win gold that can be spend in game.

Speaking with Major Nelson in a podcast, Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux revealed that Microsoft-owned Carbonated Games is working to ensure its latest titles are compatible with Fable 2.

"It's a really big thing of mine - why aren't games talking to each other? And when you say to yourself, 'Let's get games talking to each other,' then how can they talk?

"The idea is this: Carbonated Games, part of Microsoft, have made some great casual games, Arcade titles. They have got three titles, one call Keystone, one called Wizard's Tower and one called Mage Dice. Why not make those what we call 'Fable-compatible'?

"And that means that when you play those [semi-gambling] games, when you win, you win Fable gold, and you can transfer that Fable gold to Fable when you buy Fable. If you've already got Fable, the money will transfer automatically.

"If you've yet to buy Fable then your balance will be transferred. That's cool."

We'd have to agree. There's no word on when these casual games will be released and Fable 2 is still tapped for autumn.

Around the Network

I did not play Fable or Fable:Lost Chapters. Would you need to play one of the originals before playing Fable 2?

^ Would you need to play other elder scrolls games to enjoy oblivion? No.

On topic: This is a really good idea I hope they expand games interacting.

everybody..... commence dancing.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

What would be cool as well is if the 360 had a MMORPG in which you could do the same thing being done here with some Xbox Live Arcade games.

Around the Network

^ i agree, also to increase the interactive nature of the game, i think the XBLA game should be [if it possible] playable on the Zune whenever the "games fo zune " portable gets off the ground. I think it would be neat if the gold or whatever earned while playing on the Zune could be uploaded to the game.

it's a wonder why a free-to-pay MMO hasn't appeared on XBLA, like a new version of runescape, or conquest online.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Now that's innovation, i can't wait for Fable 2!

I like this idea mucho...Watch other developers hop onto this once it takes off...

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

This game is looking excellent. What isn't mentioned here is the new "bread-crumbs" kind of GPS system that Molyneux will be using to guide characters to the next story quest.

When side-quests are available, the dog tries to get your attention and drag you off to them.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS