By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

BraLoD said:
jonhalo said:

that is close...
including the frist 3 weeks, ill give the ps4 the edge for November NPD

gap will be < 200k for sure
and possibly even < 100k

100K+ would be going to SW and BO3 pre-orders alone.
Have been winning all month.
That plus a BF win (which may be bigger than this, as Insipid pointed, they ratio given last year was much more favorable to the XBO than in reality it was, so if this keeps up, due to their major tracking be aimed at somewhere where the XBO performs better than the average of the country, the PS4 had some decent sales gap being made there.

I doubt this will be less than 200K, strongly doubt it, but less than 100K... welp, no comment there.

You also need to take into account that there were not just one, but three Battlefront bundles. The regular LE bundle sold out and Cornbread confirmed that the Disney Infinity LE bundle (Walmart exclusive) also sold out.

Around the Network

I don't know if PS4 had a lead during Black Friday as those numbers are by Revenue. Just depends on how much the $299 bundles sold in comparison to the $349 bundles.

SWORDF1SH said:
I think PS4 had a 200k lead going into BF so I'm still sticking with 300k+ ps4 win.

Just adjust the IS' numbers by last year's, to make it a ~55/45 PS4 win, call that number ~50% of their November sales, take BF day sales as the #2 PS sales day, and add in preorder estimate. X1 will be the other 45...simple!

Also interesting Infoscouts original article had Black Friday down by 13.1% yoy but that has since been adjusted to 8.7% down yoy. This might be due to Consoles being up YoY and Apple products down YoY, but who knows.

2 hours since last update:

#01 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#05 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 1)
#07 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (down 4)
#16 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 1)
#19 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (same)
#65 3DS Mario Land Bundle (down 5)
#79 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 5)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 7 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
Gears Bundle ($300)
Halo Bundle ($450)
Kinect + Three Games ($456)
Three Games Bundle ($350)

PS4 Deals:
Nathan Drake Bundle ($300)
Nathan Drake + Star Wars ($359)
Nathan Drake + Fallout 4 ($359)

WiiU Deals:
WiiU Mario Kart ($250)

The dream is over.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Farsala said:
I don't know if PS4 had a lead during Black Friday as those numbers are by Revenue. Just depends on how much the $299 bundles sold in comparison to the $349 bundles.

X1 had more 350 bundles, and some that were 380 and 450. Ps4 did have a 400 and 430 bundles..however these were not discounted during BF so their share of PS4 sales should be minor. The revenue as measure unit benefits PS4 in this case.

Ps4 had
NDC 300
SW standard 350
SW LE 400
COD LE 430

X1 had

Gears 300
Holiday 350
Fallout 350
TR 350
Kinect 380
Halo LE 450

All X1 bundles were discounted and sold as BF stock. For the PS4, only the NDC was. Therefore, the revenue measure further benefits the PS4's position

jason1637 said:
thismeintiel said:
SWORDF1SH said:
I love people trying to say what nintendo should of done, Nintendo know how to make money from gaming.

Yea, and they'll be making that money being a 3rd party dev if they don't watch it.  The Wii U looks to not even hit the GC's low 22M, most likely hitting ~18M.  There's a chance of it actually being even lower than that.  And my guess is if they truly plan to release another gimmicky console that isn't even close to the power of the PS4, the NX may not even match the Wii U.  Especially if the PS4 is $249-$299 by then.  You think Nintendo, and 3rd parties, are going to be happy with dwindling numbers of customers to sell their games to?  Doubt it.

Well they made 200m this year thus far for wii u and 3ds. Nintendo is making money of the wii u and thats all that matters. As long as they profit there not going anywhere for the next 50 years.

The problem there is next gen it seems Nintendo wants to combine those two markets.  Now, what happens if the NX falters like the Wii U.  That's goodbye to their HH market, if smartphones/tablets haven't already destroyed it by then, anyway.  I doubt they'll be making anywhere near the same amount of money.  I'm predicting that if the NX fails next gen, the PS5 may be seeing some Mario games headed its way.  Well, unless Nintendo decides to go strictly smartphone gaming.

I'm going to make this my last reply on this subject here, though.  Don't want to go too off topic in this thread.

Well for all practical purposes, given the low sample size, it is not possible to say whether PS4 or Xb one had higher sales on BF. I tend to give the edge to PS4 since Amazon and Infoscout agree that PS4 sold the most, it's just that on Amazon the apparent difference between the two was bigger.

My NPD pick for the PS4 win is <100K. So in the end I seem to be agreeing with X1Gates

But let us say that BF2015 is 10% up on BF2014 on a two console comparison. VGC has last years BF week at ~1.1 million. That would make this BF week 1.21 million. This makes PS4 sales 635.25K and Xb one 620.13K. giving PS4 a ~15K win for the week, it gives PS4 a big YoY lift, while Xb one sees a slight YoY decrease.

The VGC numbers for the first 2 weeks of November gives PS4 a lead of ~23K, add 15K and that's ~38K for 3 weeks of November. That 3rd week of November for which we have no numbers is not going to be >62K advantage for PS4.

The only elephant in the room is the great VGC PS4 undertrack, it could be that during November VGC has been undertracking PS4 in the USA by 20-30K. If that is the case, then PS4 could be up over 100K ahead in NPD.

Next Friday (my time) can't come soon enough.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Wii u up by 11% from last year. Goog increase. And ps4 only won BF by 1% So I'm saying ps4 wins by 150-200k.
Also since Npd tracking ended for November and from pic we saw it looks like ps4 ha less stock than x1 since MS overstocked. Could this indicate that x1 is winning thus far or am I thinking way to into it?