By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

jonhalo said:
Roronaa_chan said:

I know how the chart works

And they don't lose money on the deal. NDC at 300 = 3rd party bundle at 350. These BF deals I only really see a loss on the 1TB Fallout bundle cause it's 1TB with two 3rd party games at just 350, and on the TR bundle cause it's also 1TB with a third party game at 350.

$299 gears and uc bundle = loss
$349 500gb third party ps4 and 1tb third party xb1 = very low in the profit, or very low in the loss
$399/$449 ps4 and xb1 bundles = profit

on the pure hardware and distribution cost ofc
overall both are very well in the profit for theire sku mix

remember the $299 uc bundle is 100 bucks cheaper just 3 month after the $399 last of us bundle

The ps4 was selling 2:1 against the XB1 at launch price. Why would they lower the price before they needed to?

Its likely that the NDC bundle costs Sony ~$215-250 at this point (they then sell it to the retailer at $250-$270). 

Around the Network
jonhalo said:
Roronaa_chan said:

I know how the chart works

And they don't lose money on the deal. NDC at 300 = 3rd party bundle at 350. These BF deals I only really see a loss on the 1TB Fallout bundle cause it's 1TB with two 3rd party games at just 350, and on the TR bundle cause it's also 1TB with a third party game at 350.

$349 500gb third party ps4 and 1tb third party xb1 = very low in the profit, or very low in the loss

remember the $299 uc bundle is 100 bucks cheaper just 3 month after the $399 last of us bundle

Can i have source with that. Sounds like you're pulling numbers from your butt hole 

SWORDF1SH said:
X1Gates said:

http://psnprofiles.com/LONDON_FC

And you quoted me to show me that because... 

He wants you to know where to visit him, globally in the UK.

Playstation_awaiter said:
if ps4 still loses what happens?

It's impossible for PS4 to "lose" so to speak this year. It's either A: a win in overall US sales or B: a loss but keeping it close. The key for Sony is to remain competitive in the US. Last Nov they lost by 400k. If they do "lose" the month it won't be by much. If it's either a win or close it's all advantage Sony as they likely will be on top for most of 2016 again in monthly NPD's and padding up that ~900k US lead even more.

Biggest Defeat for Xbox One--Microsofts Pr was: Best lineup in xbox history and they still lose

Around the Network

it's going to be a close npd going by what greenberg said. Who ever wins the gap will be <100k

Insidb said:
SWORDF1SH said:

And you quoted me to show me that because... 

Well all I got from it is that he sucks at games.

SWORDF1SH said:
Insidb said:

Well all I got from it is that he sucks at games.

I lol'd...hard.

X1Gates said:

it's going to be a close npd going by what greenberg said. Who ever wins the gap will be <100k

Lol. Do you honeslty think Greenburg would say "The PS4 decimated the XB1 this BF, even though we still sold well."

jonhalo said:

Dude..just no. What you're saying makes no sense. How would a 300 bundle with a game that costs Sony/MS nothing be a loss and then go on to be low on profit or have less loss in a 350 bundle with a game that costs Sony/MS 40-50 dollars (60 minus their royalty I guess)? The copies of these third party games are bought and paid for. NDC and Gears Ultimate are not paid for; they own them.

Sony did a price cut because they could sell the PS4 (without a game, or with a first party game) at 300 without taking a loss, otherwise they wouldn't have cut it. Hell, the whole reason PS4s started coming with a game at 400 (instead of costing 450) was because they could already sell it at 350 (without a game, or with a first party game) without taking a loss. 

Of course it's cheaper than the TLOU bundle..there was a price cut you know? And that happens because the manufactoring cost went down. And that happened twice; once when they started bundling games at 400, and again when they decided to do the price cut in October. Meaning the cost is 300 or less now. No loss on these bundles. If we followed your logic all the way through then in truth everyone would have been taking losses this year.

Also, it's cool that you took my advise of changing your writing style a bit when you make alts just to post in this thread but it's still too noticeable. Work harder, prinz.