By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which developer was the best acquisition?

Definitely Naughty Dog! Their track record speaks louder than bombs!!!

Around the Network

Nintendo's acquisition of Platinum Games that happened in a dream I had.

Naughty dog

Naughty dog

while i am not a Naughty Dog fan i won't lie when i say that Sony purchasing them is easily one of the best decisions that the playstation division has ever made.

i would also that Microsoft buying Bungie as a smart (and a just as equally dumb letting them go) since it was ultimately Halo that put Xbox on the map.

Around the Network

Gamefreak!

What do I win?

Sony = Naughty Dogs.

Nintendo = Game Freak (Pokemon).

Microsoft = I don't know, RARE maybe ? But purchased Halo I.P was a great idea :). The game is huge.

Off topic:

Sony own a lot of great studios though, like SCE Japan Studios, the studios that made/making Shadow of Collossus, Gravity Rush, thelastguardian, ICO, Demon's Soul & Bloodborne (co-produce with FromSoftware) or Sucker Punch with their inFAMOUS and Sly Cooper, but my personal favorite is Media Molecule, the creator of little big planet, Tereaway and of course DREAM.

Polyphony (gran turismo) is pretty decent as well.

t3mporary_126 said:
Gamefreak!

What do I win?

Isn't gamefreak still an independent company?

In terms of great games produced, I'd rank the list as follows:

1) Retro (2000-present)

2) Bungie (2000-2007)

3) Naughty Dog (2001-present)

4) Monolith Soft (2007-present)

This is limited only to Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft subsidiaries, and omits partnerships like Rare (1994-2001).

dukerx2 said:
Naughty Dog, one of the smartest things Sony has done. Also Sega buying Atlus, Atlus may be Sega's only hope.

..help me obi wan kenobi atlus.... your my only hope.