By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Updates Release Calendar. LoZ Still TBD

Boberkun said:
SJReiter said:

At today's invester's meeting, Nintendo unveiled an updated release calendar.

So despite the fact that 2016 is now a mere 2+ months away, the Legend of Zelda for Wii U is still listed as "TBD," while titles such as Genei Ibun Roku #FE and Bravely Second are listed as 2016. The only other games listed as TBD is Project Giant Robot, which may not even exist anymore. Anyway, I know that the last time this happened a few months ago everyone said that it was no big deal and that listing LoZ as TBD didn't mean it wouldn't release in 2016, but what about now? I feel like there's no reason at this point to not list that game as 2016 unless they aren't planning to release it next year.

There is two options:

1) Zelda U will not release till 2017, so they claim it "TBD" (high probability)

2) They want surprise everyone and release it in February (doesn't happen)

3) Nintendo have done the same thing they always do, and only list the officially confirmed information.

Seriously, Nintendo doesn't reveal new information about their lineup via these release calendar listings. They're just a convenient listing of their announced dates and their planned lineups. It's not unusual, for instance, for titles to be revealed just weeks after one of these listings, for release within the same quarter, and they're not at all listed.

Zelda U was planned to be released in 2015. Then they delayed it, and didn't put a new date on it. Thus, TBD. They haven't officially announced a 2016 release, so it's not listed with 2016 on the list. They could even be planning a January 2016 release (not that I actually expect that - the chances are miniscule), and it would be listed as TBD, because they haven't announced it yet.

Nintendo probably want to be able to stand up at E3 2016 and go "We know you've been waiting a long time for Zelda U, but it was worth it... watch this trailer" <trailer> "And it releases in November THIS YEAR". If they confirm 2016 now, then a November release is "wait until nearly the end of the year". If they don't confirm 2016 until they announce the date, then it becomes "it's actually coming this year!" - clearly, a much better reaction to get.

Around the Network
Nem said:

Oh just stop the unfunded speculation. Just the other day Aonuma said in interview that its coming to Wii U. You can bet it will come to Wii U. Retailers have been taking pre-orders of the type with boxes in the store. There is no chance its not coming on the Wii U.

Wether it also comes to the NX, whatever that may be, is what we don't know yet.

Sorowfully clear acknowledgement will never calm the frantic userbase here as proven time and time again, not when said major frantic users encourage and collaborate to perpetuate unnecessary speculation if it means garnering immense attention.

Wonder what project guard is.

Aielyn said:
Boberkun said:

There is two options:

1) Zelda U will not release till 2017, so they claim it "TBD" (high probability)

2) They want surprise everyone and release it in February (doesn't happen)

3) Nintendo have done the same thing they always do, and only list the officially confirmed information.

Seriously, Nintendo doesn't reveal new information about their lineup via these release calendar listings. They're just a convenient listing of their announced dates and their planned lineups. It's not unusual, for instance, for titles to be revealed just weeks after one of these listings, for release within the same quarter, and they're not at all listed.

Zelda U was planned to be released in 2015. Then they delayed it, and didn't put a new date on it. Thus, TBD. They haven't officially announced a 2016 release, so it's not listed with 2016 on the list. They could even be planning a January 2016 release (not that I actually expect that - the chances are miniscule), and it would be listed as TBD, because they haven't announced it yet.

Nintendo probably want to be able to stand up at E3 2016 and go "We know you've been waiting a long time for Zelda U, but it was worth it... watch this trailer" "And it releases in November THIS YEAR". If they confirm 2016 now, then a November release is "wait until nearly the end of the year". If they don't confirm 2016 until they announce the date, then it becomes "it's actually coming this year!" - clearly, a much better reaction to get.

I can't see the picture :/ ... URL please

Around the Network

I still can't see the pics either... : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

My god someone post the link D:

I cant see the image for some reason.Can someone please give me the link to the image?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Image pls

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Here ya go guys! I believe this is what you're looking for! And yes, even though it has some already released titles on it, this IS the new updated release schedule :)

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge