By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - silicon knights phsychological thrilier project eternal darkness 2

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14234960.html

A project designed for the Ontario Media Development Corporation (which offers Ontario-based developers a one-time offering that will provide Ontario video game developers with funding of up to $500,000 for the creation of a game prototype in order to secure a publisher or attract financing for a market-ready, commercial video game product.) Designed by Silicon Knights, this game is a psychological thriller played in the third-person perspective and is being prototyped for all major next-gen systems for a planned 2010 release.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

So wait a sec... Silicon Knights is Canadian?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

How can it be in development for all major platforms when Nintendo owns the Eternal Darkness license?

Quite so, quite so. Couldn't be ED2.

SW-5120-1900-6153

ED didn't really leave any room for a sequel anyway. It sold like crap too, so I doubt they'd make another.

@ legend

Thats a very good point that wasn't already made :)

Around the Network

I can't see it being Eternal Darkness 2 considering the game is being prototyped for all major next gen systems.

Regardless of what it is I wouldn't expect it to come out this generation. SK is horrid with releasing games timely. The original ED started on N64 and Too Human was initially supposed to be on the PS. And no I did not forget the 2 in that, it was meant for the original Playstation!

I hate you for getting my hopes up! it's definitely not Eternal Darkness.

...so where did the "Eternal Darkness 2" in the title come from?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

It may not be the literal sequel, but perhaps it's the spiritual successor.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.