By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNCHARTED vs THE LAST OF US

Uncharted or The Last of Us ?

i love both games <3 166 40.89%

Uncharted :) 93 22.91%

The Last of Us :) 147 36.21%

Total:406
generic-user-1 said:
0815 zombie shooter wins without problem. sure its a very overused setting, the gameplay is meh and the story isnt great, but atleast they tryed, its good for a mainstream console game.
uncharted on the otherhand has nothing, they dont even try to tell a good story, feels like a direct to dvd indiana jones ripoff.

I think you don't know what you are talking about, let me copy paster your coment what I think is (bullshit) or false:

"0815 zombie shooter" "story isnt great" "good for a mainstream console game" "uncharted on the otherhand has nothing" ah fuck it....

"0815 zombie shooter wins without problem. sure its a very overused setting, the gameplay is meh and the story isnt great, but atleast they tryed, its good for a mainstream console game.
uncharted on the otherhand has nothing, they dont even try to tell a good story, feels like a direct to dvd indiana jones ripoff."

There is just to much wrong with your comment.

Around the Network
Sprash said:
generic-user-1 said:
0815 zombie shooter wins without problem. sure its a very overused setting, the gameplay is meh and the story isnt great, but atleast they tryed, its good for a mainstream console game.
uncharted on the otherhand has nothing, they dont even try to tell a good story, feels like a direct to dvd indiana jones ripoff.

I think you don't know what you are talking about, let me copy paster your coment what I think is (bullshit) or false:

"0815 zombie shooter" "story isnt great" "good for a mainstream console game" "uncharted on the otherhand has nothing" ah fuck it....

"0815 zombie shooter wins without problem. sure its a very overused setting, the gameplay is meh and the story isnt great, but atleast they tryed, its good for a mainstream console game.
uncharted on the otherhand has nothing, they dont even try to tell a good story, feels like a direct to dvd indiana jones ripoff."

so its not a generic setting with a generic story?  ohh zombie! there is a child, shes the chosen one, ohh the military/government/church/that big corporataion that rules the world needs her for the cure, but they are evil.  its like i am legend for people with learning disabilitys.

DivinePaladin said:
The single most overrated game of all time vs. 2.5 great games (and a Vita one, which I've heard is good enough). I think Uncharted takes it here. Not to say TLoU isn't good, but when I can predict every single plot twist while yawning, the story probably isn't as good or revolutionary as people like to think. I mean I avoided every detail about the game for a year after it launched to give it a true, non-hype opinion and it was just good. Had the AI been good, like Naughty Dog said it would be during the E3 demos, it could've been really, really good, but instead it's a game where you take advantage of unrealistic and stupid enemies. (Which, again, would be fine, if the game weren't going for that hyper-realistic style.)

And what "twists" would that be? The Last of Us has a simple straight forward story. They don't even try to surprise you with anything you couldn't see a mile in advance. They provide you with a world and information about it to figure everything out yourself as you go.

That is what makes it superior to something like Bioshock Infinite for example, where they keep vital information from you until the very end just to reveal the big twist.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Uncharted. Though i thought Uncharted 1 was very meh.

But TLOU felt like a disjointed mess. So, yeah i prefer Uncharted, especially 3.

I only played Uncharted 1, but I hated it. Boring/generic story, cheap enemies, waves of enemies that are somehow in remote/hidden areas, the jet ski crap; however, I really liked TLOU and had a great time with it. The characters were more interesting and well done, there were some very tense moments (hotel basement generator mission thing!), and I really liked the world. 

TLOU, and it is not even close. 

Hi

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
Sprash said:
generic-user-1 said:

so its not a generic setting with a generic story?  ohh zombie! there is a child, shes the chosen one, ohh the military/government/church/that big corporataion that rules the world needs her for the cure, but they are evil.  its like i am legend for people with learning disabilitys.

"generic story" "there is a child, shes the chosen one" "its like i am legend" "ohh zombie" ah fuck it....

"so its not a generic setting with a generic story?  ohh zombie! there is a child, shes the chosen one, ohh the military/government/church/that big corporataion that rules the world needs her for the cure, but they are evil.  its like i am legend for people with learning disabilitys."

There is just to much wrong with your comment. I guess in your opinion Halo is just a pew pew game, Mario is a jump jump game and Zelda is a game about a boy who doesn't get laid ?

Sprash said:
generic-user-1 said:
Sprash said:
generic-user-1 said:

"generic story" "there is a child, shes the chosen one" "its like i am legend" "ohh zombie" ah fuck it....

"so its not a generic setting with a generic story?  ohh zombie! there is a child, shes the chosen one, ohh the military/government/church/that big corporataion that rules the world needs her for the cure, but they are evil.  its like i am legend for people with learning disabilitys."

There is just to much wrong with your comment. I guess in your opinion Halo is just a pew pew game, Mario is a jump jump game and Zelda is a game about a boy who doesn't get laid ?

halo is sci-fi channel original level of sci-fi.

mainline mario has to much story for the gameplay

and zelda has to little to do and its getting more easy with every game.  i guess they think kids thesedays are all retarded and cry if they dont find/master on the first try.

more? AOE2 sucks, and every other age of ... title sucks too, the gameplay just hasnt evolved like other RTS games.

cod sucks since part 2. specialy the story

bf sucks since 2142 and the story allways sucked

ut had 2 turds in 4 games.

CS is the same game since for ever and they never fixed some problems

the old tomb raider was better in most ways

sonic had 2 good games rest is a mediocre at best

i think the gta 4 dlc had far better storys than gta 5

ff7 is the weakest PS era FF

For me personally it's too hard to choose.

Lets just "pretend" and say that I watched youtube walkthroughs of all the uncharted games when they came, but did not buy the game after. When TLOU came out, I watched it on youtube, and later bought the game. lol

I love both games anyway.

I feel they're both fairly overrated games as they have pretty average generic gameplay, but i like the upbeat quirky style and theme of uncharted over the last of us although i do think last of us had a better story overall, but my pick would go to uncharted