By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yo-kai Watch Busters: Moon Rabbit Team announced for 3DS, coming to Japan in December.

Tagged games:

xboxonefan said:

what about mario and pokemon in the 90s where they considered milked 

I don't understand this. I don't think Mario or Pokemon were ever really milked. It started to get a little bloated during the early Wii U/3DS time.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
twintail said:
Cloudman said:
At this rate, they're going to kill Yokai Watch.... : /

The franchise is already on decline. Merch sales have declined. The anime viewership has declined.

There are just too many games being developed for children and fatigue is starting to set in. Id be surprised if YW can continue past YW3 but maybe Lvl5 knows what they are doing. At the very least they ahve their mobile games coming so that is bound to help maybe.

Not to forget they also do like 2 to 3 games a year... They're just going overboard now.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

xboxonefan said:

what about mario and pokemon in the 90s where they considered milked 

They never had three mainline games in a row during the 90s.

twintail said:
Cloudman said:

The franchise is already on decline. Merch sales have declined. The anime viewership has declined.

There are just too many games being developed for children and fatigue is starting to set in. Id be surprised if YW can continue past YW3 but maybe Lvl5 knows what they are doing. At the very least they ahve their mobile games coming so that is bound to help maybe.

Pokémon had a massive decline after the first generation already and it's still alive.

This is why I will never buy a Level 5 game :v

Around the Network
twintail said:
Samus Aran said:
twintail said:
Cloudman said:

Pokémon had a massive decline after the first generation already and it's still alive.

It was able to maintain its level of interest in Japan and the big difference is that there wasnt really anything like Pokemon (outside of Digimon) nor anything at the level of populairty that Pokemon commands in the Japanese region (in the same sort of category that Pokemon, Digimin, Yokai fall under).

YW needs to keep momentum going against something at cuturally engrained in Japanese culture as Pokemon is. Its a different situation and Level 5 has proven that they are more times inept at keeping momentum on their IP's in the long run.

That said, maybe Lvl5 knows what they are doing (as I mentioned), so the Ip could be very safe indeed.

Busters is selling a lot better than Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, so I'm not sure I understand your comments. They're both spin-offs, so a comparison makes sense.

And owners of the original two Busters can get a free update for this third game, or so the OP implies. I don't see the problem here tbh.

Might as well rename it Mil-kai Watch at this point. I'll never understand the minds at Level-5. It's like they're incapable of managing more than one hit franchise at a time...
The Level-5 cycle: Create hit, milk it to death. Create hit, milk it to death. And so on and so forth.

TheWPCTraveler said:
So...

Yo-Kai Watch (2013)
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Head/Founder (2014)
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Headliner (2014)
Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team/White Dog Team (2015)
Yo-Kai Watch Dance (2015)
Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Blue Rabbit Team (2015)
Yo-Kai Watch 3 (2016?)

Three (five) mainline retail releases.
Two (four) major spin-off retail releases.
All in the span of just three years.

Here in America, Pokémon was just as milked from 1998-2001

Pokémon Red/Blue (1998)

Pokémon Yellow (1999)

Pokémon Pinball (1999)

Pokémon Snap (1999)

Pokémon Gold/Silver (2000)

Pokémon Puzzle League (2000)

Pokémon Puzzle Challenge (2000)

Pokémon Stadium (2000)

Pokémon Trading Card Game (2000)

Hey You, Pikachu! (2000)

Pokémon Crystal (2001)

Pokémon Stadium 2 (2001)

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
So...

Yo-Kai Watch (2013)
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Head/Founder (2014)
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Headliner (2014)
Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team/White Dog Team (2015)
Yo-Kai Watch Dance (2015)
Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Blue Rabbit Team (2015)
Yo-Kai Watch 3 (2016?)

Three (five) mainline retail releases.
Two (four) major spin-off retail releases.
All in the span of just three years.

Here in America, Pokémon was just as milked from 1998-2001

Pokémon Red/Blue (1998)

Pokémon Yellow (1999)

Pokémon Pinball (1999)

Pokémon Snap (1999)

Pokémon Gold/Silver (2000)

Pokémon Puzzle League (2000)

Pokémon Puzzle Challenge (2000)

Pokémon Stadium (2000)

Pokémon Trading Card Game (2000)

Hey You, Pikachu! (2000)

Pokémon Crystal (2001)

Pokémon Stadium 2 (2001)

Woah there, people don't like hearing the truth.

Oh and Fire Emblem is getting FOUR games next year.

Better make as many games before it burns out completely :p

But this one should still sell really well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]