By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - We're Being Screwed - Decline of AAA Value

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_iqnHAHunU&feature=youtu.be&a

This is a good video and I urge you to watch it.

Around the Network

Haven't watched it yet. Is it just another random guy telling me that I'm stupid for paying 70€ for the games I like?

edit: just skipped through it. Yep, it is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Haven't watched it yet. Is it just another random guy telling me that I'm stupid for paying 70€ for the games I like?

edit: just skipped through it. Yep, it is.

Yep :) That's exactly that...

I stopped after two minutes ...

The creator of that video doesn't know that the idea of value is relative to one another ...

I better not tell him that own 2 full price copies each of all 3 FFXIII games. The internet tells me that they have an objective value of -374€. Looks like I got totally screwed, I'm so dumb.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

So, what's the point? Man threads like this should be proscribed.

fatslob-:O said:

I stopped after two minutes ...

The creator of that video doesn't know that the idea of value is relative to one another ...

you are wrong...

if something is worth the asking price is subjective.  value itself isnt. moar stuff=moar value-  the point when you say well this isnt enough for what you ask for, fuck you EA differs from person to person.

Who is he to dictate what is and isn't worth $60 to the general consumer?

Yes... we know. Yet more effort goes into creating games now then it used to. A team of 6 created the first Crash Bandicoot, it sold millions. A team of 200 created the first Uncharted, it sold less. Games were purchased for £40-50 20 years ago. They sell for £40-50 now. And people wonder why there is so much DLC or microtransactions.

Oddly, I don't believe in paying £40 then or now but that's because I'm cheap. :P

Hmm, pie.

First, gaming has never been cheaper. I'm amazed that new games are still $60. I used to play the same games over and over when I was a kid because I couldn't afford more.

Second, while some games are short, other games are absolutely massive. Games like Skyrim, Dragon Age, or Far Cry have a staggering amount of content compared to older generations. It's not like anyone who thinks value is important is out of options.

Personally, there are very few games I'll pay $60 for. Something like The Order, as mentioned in the video, isn't worth $60 to me. However, if someone else wants to pay $60 and believes the game is worth that amount, then more power to them. I have no problem with that. Even better, I have a fantastic method for getting around that--I simply wait until the price goes down. It's super effective.