By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft fails the ps3 again: Rainbow six 2 review

IGN are a bunch of framerate/texture whores, they complain about a lot of things most people don't even notice.

Around the Network

@ dkII, the other website I found with a comparison made very little mention of frame rate issues

Don't worry too much about it. The game looks pretty mediocre on gamerankings. Considering the average review score for an FPS these days is like a 9 and this is averaging near 8 (will probably be lower as scores come in) I don't think you're missing anything.

The only issue I have with the Undreal engine is physics. I have yet to play that game where a body that is being shot behaves like a body being shot.

Take a look at a game like FEAR or Halflife...as dated it might be...shooting a leg means the guys legs go out first. Unreal feels very shiny but not very realistic. Turok and Gears of war are a perfect example... Kick a body around in GOW after you kill it...is that how a dead body should behave?

As far as Vegas 2...I don't think this game needs amazing graphics to be good so PS3 users should be fine.

IMO the Unreal Engine isn't very good. It's got a lot of glitches and the actual physics are poor at best. Not that all games with it are automatically bad, but I don't tend to enjoy them much.

Even so I'm considering buying the Unreal Pack on Steam. Unreal Gold, Unreal 2: The Awakening, Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition, Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition, and Unreal Tournament 3 all for $54.

Around the Network

LOL Magnific0

Come on...words like that should be reserved for EA.

Army of 2 VS Vegas 2?

Choice is clear of which should rot in hell.

this is what I thought when I got it. But its as fun as eating a cactus. Or shoving a pineapple in your...

I don't see how Ubi soft failed the PS3 again.

Sure, the PS3 has worse framerate (probably not by alot), but graphically both version look on par to each other.

The PS3 has a warmer color palette (like usual), better lighting, and better AA according to those pictures.

The Xbox360 version has better contrast and crisper textures.

there's not huge difference between both versions in terms of visuals at all. Each version has it's advantages.

http://static.videogamer.com/videogamer/images/pub/misc/vsmarch18rb6v2large01.jpg

http://static.videogamer.com/videogamer/images/pub/misc/vsmarch18rb6v2large03.jpg