By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Paris Games Week: Will Sony have a better first party showing than E3 2015?

Will Sony have a better first party showing at PGW than E3 2015?

YES! 17 26.15%

No. 21 32.31%

Maybe 24 36.92%

I dont care. 3 4.62%

Total:65
twintail said:
Nem said:
Don't think that is possible.

Something like an exclusive RE7 or a new legend of dragoon would be huge, but nothing that rivals the legendary stuff at E3 this year.

the info relates to 1st party titles only. not the entire E3 conference. 

Thats a bit silly isnt it? A conference exists as a whole in its impact. If we isolate only the first party stuff... E3 was the last guardian and Horizon, wich doesnt really attach to the reality of the event, just a slce. Aside a great looking Legend of Dragoon, nothing can match that anyways. I think my post holds. A RE7 exclusive like SFV would be second party cause Sony publishes, but its not a huge difference.

Around the Network
Nem said:
twintail said:

Thats a bit silly isnt it? A conference exists as a whole in its impact. If we isolate only the first party stuff... E3 was the last guardian and Horizon, wich doesnt really attach to the reality of the event, just a slce. Aside a great looking Legend of Dragoon, nothing can match that anyways. I think my post holds. A RE7 exclusive like SFV would be second party cause Sony publishes, but its not a huge difference.

E3 was TLG, Horizon, Dreams and Uncharted 4 demo (Edit : And RIGS, yes)... Already pretty good 1st party wise. 

Nem said:
twintail said:

when it comes to first party E3  Dreams, TLG, Horizon and Rigs and Uncharted 4. 

however i agree, a confrence impact is based on everything shown. not just first party stuff.

fireburn95 said:
bananaking21 said:
No it wont be.

This is why every year people are disappointed with gamescom/pgw. They expect an e3 calliber show. It wont be.

Sony have always used Gamescom to push new titles/new IP's more than e3. Depending on people's definition of AAA, Gamescom 2013 and 2014 far exceeded their respective years E3's.

Umm no, Sony has always used Gamescom to announce smaller-mid ranged, stranger titles. Shu even admited that in the recent Greg Milller PS podcast.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Faelco said:
Nem said:

E3 was TLG, Horizon, Dreams and Uncharted 4 demo (Edit : And RIGS, yes)... Already pretty good 1st party wise. 

@bananaking aswell

Guys, guys... this is about having a megaton announcement the size of E3. Its the big stuff that counts. New gameplay of U4 and some obscure Rigs or Dreams game are not called to this conversation.

This is about a megaton remember? Not about number of reveals, but how big the reveals are.

Around the Network

hoping to see some farcry primal during the stream.

bananaking21 said:

The trailer I saw had the Xbox one version box art in front of ps4 and PC, and that usually means exclusive marketing whenever a platform holder's box is front. If that's the case here, I doubt it'll be at Sony's conference. 

Could be wrong though. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
bananaking21 said:

The trailer I saw had the Xbox one version box art in front of ps4 and PC, and that usually means exclusive marketing whenever a platform holder's box is front. If that's the case here, I doubt it'll be at Sony's conference. 

Could be wrong though. 

the last two farcry games were Sony marketed. i hope it stays that way. so we can see it at paris game week. 

i don't expect E3 levels of announcements but i expect a good show from sony.

Hope we can see more of Horizon and the new game from QD. Maybe SMS will be there as well.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

As long as they announce GT 7 for 2016, i'll be happy.