By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will we see the next "genre/generation defining" game??

Splatoon, horizon, quantum break, fallout, zelda.

Around the Network
StephanieCurry said:
Aeolus451 said:

This. No Man's Sky is the only game this gen so far that brings true innovation or as generation defining. It will change the idea of open world gamplay and sci fi type of games.

I disagree I highly doubt the idea of billions of planets and a universe would stick, cause its impossible to construct a proper story mode over a game spanning that big, that game still hasnt really sold me on its moment to moment gameplay as im still unsure what it really is, maybe a similar game on a smaller scale with like 8 or 9 fully sized planets to explore with a proper rpg storymode with multiple branching paths etc. would be really cool but we may be still a ways off before games get that ambitious

Any open world game allows you to tackle whatever you want when you want. No Man's Sky is no different but game world is the size of a galaxy. There's no "story mode" or any other mode with this game. It's similar to any souls game in the sense that you can play offline or online you may interact with other players. It has a proper story though. I don't why you think it won't. 

This is why this game be what defines this gen. Some people don't even think it's possible or that it would be severely lacking in some aspects of the game. ;-D