By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ace Combat developer working on Wii title called Sky Crawler!

Title says the most part...

Interesting things: It got announced in Famitsu!

Link to scan: http://www.gamed.nl/messages/68860.jpg

-Exclusive for Wii.

-Developer by Ace Combat developer.

-Images are looking sweet! Don't know if they are in-game! 

---

Maybe someone can translate the Japanese text on the scan, maybe it has some extra info!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Hmm, who developed Ace Combat, is that the Konami realistic-flight-shooter from the 360.

Could be great. I hear those games are pretty good. Is this a Konami Wii exclusive?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Eeuhm, If the Ace Combat team is owned by Bandai-Namco, then yes!...

Btw, yes! Ace Combat 6 was that killer Flight-sim for the X360!

THE NETHERLANDS

Holy whoa that looks awesome - if those are in-game screenies.

Ace Combat, by the way, is an arcade-style flight shooter; it's pretty much the polar opposite of something like Microsoft Flight Simulator in terms of its commitment to realism. Flight controls are simple, and the emphasis is more on action and outrageous flight stunts than anything else. I really hope that this game is in the same vein, because I love the genre. For arcade-flight fans looking for something other than the AC games to play in the meantime, I'd highly recommend SkyGunner for the PS2.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

It's by Bandai Namco, not Konami. And it's a novel/movie-based game, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

Eeuhm, If the Ace Combat team is owned by Konami, then yes!...

Btw, yes! Ace Combat 6 was that killer Flight-sim for the X360!

Awesome, crushing the 3rd party support argument 1 exclusive at a time. This is a pretty significant game, it looks like.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

DKII said:
It's by Bandai Namco, not Konami. And it's a novel/movie-based game, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

Yarg! Screens look ok though.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

DKII said:

vv  Not every movie/novel-based game is bad these days - just those developed by THQ or some other shovelware company. I have faith in Namco-Bandai to make a quality game - especially the Ace Combat team.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

DKII said:

I bet you DID like AC6... But ye, i know that's an X360 title, this is a Wii-title! So ye, your right, it must suck! Does THAT make you feel better DKII?!...

THE NETHERLANDS

These shots are definitely not in-game.