By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo no longer in the list of top 100 brands

Apple over Google is no surprise. Alphabet may be the more diverse company with many large successful divisions like Google, YouTube, Android etc. but nothing moves a product like that Apple logo. Alphabet need to put out a genuinely good and worthwhile product to sell it, Apple manage to sell the same product to the same people over and over. Nothing against them as a company though, its impressive that they can sell so many units at such high profit margins, Alphabet can only dream of selling Nexus phones to 100m people making over $200 gross profit each sale.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Lol. They could have said so many things, and Smartphone games was their reason?

Well if Nintendo produced a top 5 grossing mobile game they could return to "Nintendo like profits". But yeah obviously the failure of the  WiiU and 3DS are the real issue, I mean if they were successful like past consoles they wouldnt have to diversify themselves and find success elsewhere.

Superquagsire said:
Where does Microsoft rank on this list? It kinda suck that Nintendo is losing brand recognition due to the Wii U's failure :(

Microsoft is @ #4 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

They are still Top 100 in my heart

I wouldnt believe tgese lists, a lot of the value is over printed with dollars for the american companies and undervalued because of the weaker yen for japanese companies

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
hentai_11 said:

For those, who are interested, here is Nintendos Place in the list over time:

2001 29
2002 32
2003 32
2004 46
2005 50
2006 51
2007 44
2008 40
2009 39
2010 38
2011 48
2012 56
2013 67
2014 100
And because no one mentioned it yet: Microsoft is on place 4 on the current list.

It's kinda hard to take this list seriously when Nintendo was ranked higher during the GC/GBA Era than the Wii/DS era.

Don't forget that Nintendo isn't located in a vacuum. During the GC/GBA years brands like Apple and Google were weaker and behind Nintendo.

hentai_11 said:
zorg1000 said:

It's kinda hard to take this list seriously when Nintendo was ranked higher during the GC/GBA Era than the Wii/DS era.

Don't forget that Nintendo isn't located in a vacuum. During the GC/GBA years brands like Apple and Google were weaker and behind Nintendo.

This reminds me of how people complain when an older game got higher marks on metacritics than a more recent one, or vice versa... Trends and standards evolve and/or change over time. Try to explain that to them.

On the bright side, they still rank high on the Japanese listing.

T

Leadified said:

To be fair, though, I was expecting more entertainment companies in that Top 30 of yours. I was expecting Square Enix in particular to really rank on the list. At least we can be contented by how Nomura ranked on the list, that counts, right?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
Leadified said:

To be fair, though, I was expecting more entertainment companies in that Top 30 of yours. I was expecting Square Enix in particular to really rank on the list. At least we can be contented by how Nomura ranked on the list, that counts, right?

It doesn't seem that entertainment ranks too high in any of the national lists. I'm actually suprised that Nomura is the only financial firm in this top 30.