By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

sabvre42 said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Xbox should sell at least 400k this month if not more, meaning they take the month. Sony doesn't have a big bundle for this month or any really big games, other than the uncharted collection, which is just a remaster.

I'm expecting Sony to sell around 340-380k for October and 420-450k for Xbox.

I'm inclined to doubt those sales for xb1. 350k is much more likely. Expecting the xb1 to average 110k a week in the US only is too much. Particularly as its already October and the Halo bundle isn't trending like any of the comparable preorder bundles. 

Well Xbox has been doing around 200-240k monthly lately, so I'll adjust and let's say the halo 5 bundle adds another 120-140k on top of that number, I think you might be right. I'll say around, 390-415k. Which should still be enough to beat Sony this month. Either, way it should be a really close month. 

If Sony does win, I'll be pretty shocked considering how big halo still is. 

Around the Network

Nice to see the X1 bundles entering the hourlies again. Even though i'm a Sony guy, they need the competition to keep them honest.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Nice to see the X1 bundles entering the hourlies again. Even though i'm a Sony guy, they need the competition to keep them honest.

I remember reading someone with information about Amazon years ago that anything outside of the top 20 is basically not with mentioning. Don't know how true that is. 

Just thought I'd post that little tidbit in case it was true. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

I remember reading someone with information about Amazon years ago that anything outside of the top 20 is basically not with mentioning. Don't know how true that is. 

Yeah, i'm sure it's somewhat true, but atleast they're back on the charts now.

This needs to improve for MS because I doubt they'd be happy with this situation. 2 PS4s ahead of the Halo Bundle and by quite a margin. Apart from a huge advertising campaign, I can't really see this changing much to be honest.

#15 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#26 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#66 XB1 Halo Bundle
#73 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#85 PS4 Fool's Edition
#93 WiiU Deluxe
#94 PS4 Star Wars Bundle

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Yeah, i'm sure it's somewhat true, but atleast they're back on the charts now.

Only one Xbox bundle in the tip 100 again and it dropped back into the 60s.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

To understand why this may be the case, take a look at NPD drop offs as you go down the list from 1 to 10.  Its usually very steep.  The one caveat to this is that if you have enough SKUs you can get sales up in a hurry.  Its an exception though, not a rule.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Well I guess amazon is bigger now than it was back then, not that it means much.  In my case I recently became a regular amazon user after all these years buying games on gamestop, now I buy my games on amazon.

GribbleGrunger said:

#15 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#26 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#66 XB1 Halo Bundle
#73 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#85 PS4 Fool's Edition
#93 WiiU Deluxe
#94 PS4 Star Wars Bundle

Only Halo5 bundle on the top 100, so basically it still 5 PS4 bundle vs 1 XB1 bundle. This is really gonna be an interesting month.

Angelv577 said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Well I guess amazon is bigger now than it was back then, not that it means much.  In my case I recently became a regular amazon user after all these years buying games on gamestop, now I buy my games on amazon.

Oh, i'm with ya. I've been a big Amazon supporter for 7 or 8 years now. I haven't bought at game at Gamestop in just over 5 years now. aThe only thing i'm buying from them is Fallout Monopoly, since it's the only place that it's available.