By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:
Destiny bundle finally dropping a little.
Seems like it did sell a lot when the price cut happened, as it's keeping so high for a good time after it was out of stock, so I guess it sold really well really fast.

That's the advantage of not announcing an official price drop. We can discuss this until the cows come home but at the end of the day, the average Joe (or Rita) is going to jump on this for fear of the price going back up. Sony could play this game of tag a couple more times this month until they (possibly ... probably likely) announce an official price drop at PGW.

I don't know why but I've also got this feeling it's going to be a $100 price drop, not a $50 price drop. I thought that before but the Destiny bundle reenforced the idea for me. Those bundles aren't as cheap as normal bundles usually and clearly, because they've already sold out, Amazon wasn't just trying to get rid of an excess of stock. I believe that Sony have already passed that price reduction on to the retailers and the retailers are making hay while the sun shines until an official announement. They make $50 on each one sold, the consumer feels as if they've got a good deal, Sony sell more consoles without having to publicly announce a price cut. It works so perfectly.

$299 = 500gb PS4
$349 + 1tb PS4

When Uncharted: A Thief's End Launches they drop the 500gb model and only have the 1tb model priced at $299. BOOM.

A price cut would be more effective around this time and MS has no answer for U4 anyway.See that is why I say it is pointless for them to worry so much about the holidays when U4 will sell PS4s like black friday.

Around the Network
Abun said:

A price cut would be more effective around this time and MS has no answer for U4 anyway.See that is why is ay it is pointless for them to worry so much about the holidays when U4 will sell PS4s like black friday.

I'm only suggesting a possibility. The PS4 lost ground by 700k last Christmas in the US and won WW, but I think Sony want to take this Christmas and cement their success in the US.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Abun said:

A price cut would be more effective around this time and MS has no answer for U4 anyway.See that is why is ay it is pointless for them to worry so much about the holidays when U4 will sell PS4s like black friday.

I'm only suggesting a possibility. The PS4 lost ground by 700k last Christmas in the US and won WW, but I think Sony want to take this Christmas and cement their success in the US.

I would agree if Sony did not have bundles with the two biggest games this fall.FO4 won't even come close to BOP3 and SWBF and even that is selling better for the PS4 according to Amazon.

Abun said:

I would agree if Sony did not have bundles with the two biggest games this fall.FO4 won't even come close to BOP3 and SWBF and even that is selling better for the PS4 according to Amazon.

I thiink you're viewing the situation as it is now. You have to take into consideration that MS will likely have something up their sleeves too. We can only guess at what that could possibly be. I doubt they can pull the temporary price drop trick for a second year, although we can't really completely dismiss it. They could have ridiculously good bundles and perhaps heavily advertise BC while similtaniously promoting a trade in program for 360/PS3. The only problem with that is it's not going to be full BC (just yet, if ever) so it could create a negative backlash. MS will do something though, you can be sure of that and Sony will want to either be ready or cut them off at the pass.

The PS5 Exists. 

Uncharted collection doing work on Amazon. Plus Sony said 80% of current ps4 owners never played uncharted and that they want it to do very well.

I'd imagine they'll be pushing the uncharted bundle heavily as well soon as their front runner to promote the game and price cut, otherwise why would target show that bundle with the price cut, but then not offer the $50 gift card on that same bundle?

Either way, I wouldn't be shocked to wake up Friday morning and see the official announcement from Sony all over the internet.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Abun said:

I thiink you're viewing the situation as it is now. You have to take into consideration that MS will likely have something up their sleeves too. We can only guess at what that could possibly be. I doubt they can pull the temporary price drop trick for a second year, although we can't really completely dismiss it. They could have ridiculously good bundles and perhaps heavily advertise BC while similtaniously promoting a trade in program for 360/PS3. The only problem with that is it's not going to be full BC (just yet, if ever) so it could create a negative backlash. MS will do something though, you can be sure of that and Sony will want to either be ready or cut them off at the pass.

Even with all that I don't think it will change the inevitable .I mean a price cut would have bo significance when the X1 is already cheaper and black friday will have deals for both consoles anyway.If BC was such a selling point than people would already be buying the X1 or bought the WiiU.I know they will try something and Sony will respond,but I don't think it will be a permanent price cut just yet.Especially if Sony does win October which is highly likely.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Uncharted collection doing work on Amazon. Plus Sony said 80% of current ps4 owners never played uncharted and that they want it to do very well.

I'd imagine they'll be pushing the uncharted bundle heavily as well soon as their front runner to promote the game and price cut, otherwise why would target show that bundle with the price cut, but then not offer the $50 gift card on that same bundle?

Either way, I wouldn't be shocked to wake up Friday morning and see the official announcement from Sony all over the internet.

Yeah, they're clearly sitting on the Uncharted bundle to give their 3rd party titles as much time in the sun as possible. I'd imagine they'll start pushing the bundle a couple of days after the release of the Uncharted Collection.

The PS5 Exists. 

Back in August when pre orders for the halo 5 bundle went up, it placed at #24 on the Amazon monthly charts. The following month of September it didn't even make the top 100 monthly.

And until a few days ago, it was struggling to get out of the 80s and 90s range. So most pre orders are occurring now rather than before.

Not to mention the horrible charting of the current Xbox bundles, and we may see sales for October in a pretty low number compared to what many ppl are expecting.

I still think Microsoft will win the month, but I don't think it'll be by as many units as some are expecting.

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.