By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Chrono Trigger the Greatest RPG Ever Made?

Is Chrono Trigger the Greatest RPG Ever Made?

Yes 117 42.86%

No 111 40.66%

I haven't played it so I can't say. 45 16.48%

Total:273
TruckOSaurus said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Unless Final Fantasy 8 changed it's name without me noticing... no.

I know, right? Something so obvious, yet everyone except Ka-pi and me has overseen it in this thread.

Around the Network
Wright said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I know, right? Something so obvious, yet everyone except Ka-pi and me has overseen it in this thread.

... Whatever.

Signature goes here!

no

Terranigma, secret of mana, xenoblade chronicles and ff 8 are better, in my opinion.

TruckOSaurus said:
Wright said:

... Whatever.

Don't stare at me like that!

What is with the Final Fantasy 8 love in this thread? It is generally an unpopular game in the series (for, in my opinion, good reasons), so it is odd to see so much love here. Not that I am stomping on your parade or anything haha. ;)

Around the Network
Kuksenkov said:
^ Gurl dat gif.

I haven't played it, and probably never will.

But the whole "best RPG" is very broad... Of course, most western rpgs are crap, but still.

As Sturgeon's law states "ninety percent of everything is crap".

OT: Nah, that would be Planescape: Torment

Even for the SNES library i'd say FFVI is better.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

AEGRO said:

I would like to know, of all the people that voted YES, how many of them played/finished the game recently for the first time?

I finished the game a year ago for the first time on my Vita, and i think that the game is really good but nowhere near the Best RPG of ALL TIME.

I think that Nostalgia is a realy big factor when it comes to these type of "Best of all time" threads.

I played it 5 years ago, and I think is along FFVI (I played that 3 years ago) the best rpgs ever. Hardly nostalgia.

It is not just the best RPG, but arguably the best game of all time. But as far as RPGs go, yes, easily. No RPG has come close since the original Playstation.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ka-pi96 said:

Doesn't get as much love as 7/9 =/= unpopular.

Also, it took 94th place in VGC's greatest games event last year. IIRC your favourite was 12 right? That was 126th so...

And Chrono Trigger was 16th (just sayin' )

Signature goes here!