By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Play.com reckon Fable 2 will hit May 30th.

I rate the chances at somewhere between zero and negative one.

For one the indication (gotten from Lionhead an Molyneux himself) has always been that it would release leading up to holidays.  Furthermore, Lionhead said we'd see big Fable 2 features at E3, which would fall AFTER May 30.

Fail Play.com. Fail.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184926

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

It needs to be released before MGS 4. Battlefield Bad Company will be released on June 12, the same day as MGS 4 on PS3.

May 30th .. hmm .. maybe , but surely not '08

It's coming out this year...

Don't trust play.com on release dates.

Around the Network
starcraft said:

I rate the chances at somewhere between zero and negative one.

That's pretty optimistic of you. I wouldn't put it that high because Molyneux himself said to expect the game "around the time the leaves turn". Probably October or November.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

There is a terrible possibility that this could be true. Game developers do not always have the luxury of choosing their favored moment to deliver. Titles can and do move forward if the situation calls for it. This wouldn't be a major forward shift, and the title could be doable in the time frame. We are looking at the title maybe moving up three or four months. Microsoft uses teams that can be freed up to work on other projects.

There are a lot of good reasons to move the title forward in the lineup. They can move it forward to better compete with titles launched on other platforms. To maintain a perceived momentum. To strengthen the momentary lineup. To make room in the fall lineup. Most of all to ensure greater success of a title.

I am not saying this is likely but there are definitely good reasons to make a May 30th release date. The lineup is shallow at that point. The fall/holiday season may be too crowded. The title would do more good for the platform and itself were it to be delivered at that time. No competition and it would firm the late May early June time frame. There are a few weeks there that are a veritable waste land.

I actually hope they do bring the game to market some time during the early summer season. Just in time for me to wrap up Too Human and Grand Theft Auto.

^Ninja Gaiden hits in June.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

if it did happen, I'd be very happy, since that's near my birthday.

play.com can suck my balls.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Not a chance. I wish, but it isn't going to happen.

I just hope it actually makes it out this year.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450